Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Issue after Android Upgrade

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 01:26 PM)
scort
Apprentice
Options
Is anybody else having problems using the Superfast Charging feature or charging in general when the new OneUI with Android was upgraded?

Superfast charging no longer works, using the original OEM charger and cable, and when charging in general it keeps stopping and starting charge.
11 REPLIES 11
slobbishdruid1
First Poster
Options
Not really, I did detect slight battery drain
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Update your phone apps

Since your phone is running on the latest software update some of your apps might not be optimized to run on this new version yet.

This might cause issues such as the slow charging problem you are experiencing. Try to update your phone apps then check if the issue gets fixed Also run the galaxy app booster

Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the samsung members page and run a diagnostic test Cable charging
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
I had an issue with super fast charging....turned phone off and back on and worked fine ever since...check battery setting and make sure super charging is toggled on
scort
Apprentice
Options
I've done all that. All the updates to apps are done. Have turned the phone off and on, forced restart and even in safe mode. The toggle for superfast charging is on too. Confused now!
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
This page maybe helpful

My Galaxy device is not fast charging. How do i fix it?

https://www.samsung.com/latin_en/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do...
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@scort: If you press and hold on the Samsung Members app icon > Diagnostics > Cable Charging, and connect to your charger, does this flag any problems at all? If so, do you have access to another compatible charger that you can try to see if the issue persists? 

0 Likes
scort
Apprentice
Options
Yeah tried all the diagnostics and everything says it's fine. Or is it that the new OneUI doesn't show the phrases "Ultrafast Charging" or "Fast Charging" and just "Cable Charging"?
Kruuzz
First Poster
Options

Same issue on S20+ after upgrading now to Android 12..all genuine Samsung fast chargers with new cables stopped working. Tried all tricks here and more with no luck...this is enough to change OEM, renders the phone useless.

Nutty1c
First Poster
Options

Same here with galaxy s10 no fast charging. 3 hours for full charge

0 Likes