Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charger

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 12:10 AM)
Gary34
Journeyman
Options
Hi I've now got my S21 Ultra and and upgraded from S10+ I got the charger cable in the box but not the plug? Is this normal? I wouldn't bother but as you all know the cable for the new phone is double ended and doesn't fit the old charger... so why no plug??
16 REPLIES 16
StopItRawr
Pioneer
Options

No, the S21 series do not come with charger adapters. Yes, this is known and widely discussed in the tech community and indeed here.

The charger you have will still of course work but if you want the fastest charging you need a 25W PD compliant USB C to C adapter

0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung removed the plug and headphones to make the box smaller to help save the environment and to stop chargers and earphones going to waste because people may already have them. I think you should use your S10 Plus charger as a temporary solution as it will work fine with the S21 Ultra because it provides 15 Watt Fast Charging but if you want the Maximum 25 Watt Super Fast Charging which is available on the S21 Ultra, then you need to buy the 25 Watt plug from Samsung.
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, the fastest charger I have tested so far, for the S21 Ultra, is the E Egoway 61W 2-Port. It's about £40 ($50) from Amazon. I have no affiliation to E Egoway. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B088JYWPTP
Gary34
Journeyman
Options
thanks I am currently using my s10+ charger was just wondering if the 25 Watt super charger was much faster?
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
In my opinion, I think you should buy the 25 Watt charger if you want to get the most out of your phone, it is much more convinient to have but If you really don't mind, then you can just keep using the S10 Plus charger. But from my experience with my S20 Plus, the 25 Watt Charger is much faster.
0 Likes
Gary34
Journeyman
Options
thank you. I think I will most definitely be purchasing the 25 Watt charger.
0 Likes
JimmyBawa
Pathfinder
Options
The difference is about 15-20 mins on a full charge! So if that's a big thing for you then go for it. Also for some reason the fast charge on the S21 ultra is disabled out of the box so you will have to go into the battery setting and enable it for fast charging to work!
ghosty
Voyager
Options
are you saying this is faster than the 25w Samsung charger, even though the s21 series phones only supports up to 25w charging?
0 Likes
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
Sammy removed the plug following in the footsteps of Apple. I bought 20w charger for £15 on Amazon which is fast enough anyway.