Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge port replacement

(Topic created on: 30-03-2023 07:32 PM)
einat tenenboim
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I bought a S21FE phone less than a year ago in the US including full warranty. Now my phone detects moisture in the charge port and won't connect to any cable for months now... I am no longer living in the US and Samsung store in Israel will not replace the port because I was not given an international warranty, only US local. Therefore, I ordered an original Samsung charge port (SM-G990U1) from the US (it cost me a little over 50$ including shipping!) but the store still won't replace the port for me without a specific instruction from you. Can you please ask them to do so? It is a store at Grand Canyon, Haifa, Israel. 

Thanks and best,

Einat Tenenboim

einat.tenenboim@gatech.edu

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @einat tenenboim 

The Samsung Community Forum Team wouldn't be able to authorise such a Repair as it's not their department in my opinion.

You would need to seek assistance from the Samsung Support Team in the Region the phone was released in if warranty cover is an issue.

Unfortunately this is sometimes the issue when a phone is imported into another country which I'm aware of from my own personal experience. 

However I've not personally come across where such a request from a person who's sourced their own part can then get a Samsung Service Centre to fit it.

They'll only usually fit parts they've sourced to ensure it definitely is a genuine oem part.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "