Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant answer calls S21 Ultra 5g

(Topic created on: 21-12-2021 05:17 PM)
NajdSweden
First Poster
Options

Hello

Phone suddenly after an update started acting weird, I am receiving calls but I cant press answer, even if i do that it keeps ringing and stuck on INCOMING CALL . I cant even hangup and I have to wait for the person to hangup and call him back after that.

I tried restarting phone, took the sim off and put it back, put the phone to air-mode. reset network . updated to last version and still same problem. this is very annoying.

Regards

Najd

10 REPLIES 10
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This may be an issue with the latest update you could wait for a update fix

Or do reset on your phone
If you do reset your phone
((( Backup your phone )))
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, or before you do a factory reset try clearing the phones app data & see if that works.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@NajdSweden: Can you try opening the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Answering and Ending Calls > Press Volume Up To Answer, and enable this option to see if you're able to answer the incoming call using the Volume Up key. Also, select All Display While Using Apps, and choose an alternate option - Full Screen, Pop-up or Mini pop-up - to see if this helps at all. Keep in mind that the Full Screen option will require you to place your finger on the green phone symbol and swipe to the right in order to answer the call. 

WBENSTOCK
Voyager
Options
I've had the same issue which happens every now and then
0 Likes
Jack Buntin
First Poster
Options

I believe I am experiencing the same issue which could be linked to most recent software update (One UI version 4.0), Android version 12. All of a sudden I am experiencing drop calls. As soon as the call is dropped (like 7-10s) phone shuts off and Samsung Galaxy appears on a black screen. It takes a while for the phone to come to sense. If I try to redial, I hear a shrill noise for few seconds before the call goes thru. Few seconds later call drops again and cycle repeats. I called Samsung and we reset the network connection. Still the same issue

0 Likes
Hammered
First Poster
Options

Similar issue - possibly related.

This morning, my S21 started ringing (or playing my ring tone).

But the phone app did not load - I could not answer the call, I could not see who was calling etc.

I then noticed that there was an update to run and so started downloading and installing.

While downloading, it happened again - my phone started ringing.  But, no phone app. no called ID nothing.

I have finished off installing the update.

I then checked for missed calls - nothing.

Really very strange.

How do I find out who called, why is it doing this >

nstamo05
First Poster
Options

I've had the exact same thing multiple times now! Most recent time was this morning at 5:00am!! Not happy with buying such an expensive phone only for it to be doing this!

Yipks
First Poster
Options

Really regret to update to Android 12, OneUI4.0. My S21 Ultra is very buggy these days.

0 Likes
CanineCountryGSD
First Poster
Options

Has anyone really found a solution to this? It's April 2023 and still having this issue.

0 Likes