Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you restore from a previous date from the cloud?

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 05:58 AM)
kleake
Pioneer
Options

I have an S21 that isn't getting a very good signal.  Tech wanted me to backup my settings, then reset the network settings and restore afterward.   I already had it set to backup, so there was a valid backup from earlier in the morning.   I reset the network settings and wanted to test for a little bit before I restored my data.   Evidently during this time it did another auto backup,,,,,, and overwrote my previous backup that had all of my saved wifi and bluetooth data.  Is there any way to get back to the previous version?

6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As far as I understand things the newest back up overrides the previous one so is un retrievable.

Is signal poor in one particular area or everywhere  ?

As a process of elimination try your sim card in another phone and then see what happens.

Sometimes choosing a different network in the phone's connection settings and then re choose yours can help.

Other than that if signal is fine on another phone I'd say the phone needs hands on via a Samsung Service Centre  / Samsung Experience Store or if applicable in your area a doorstep repair service.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
kleake
Pioneer
Options

That is what I figured with the backup.   Really makes it a pain, because even with a backup you can lose everything.  It would be nice it it kept the last 3 backups or something.   

As for the signal, it works most placed.   My house has weak coverage and has for years, but my last 3 phones worked good 90% of the time.   My S9 was the best and I would walk around in my house and talk without issue.  This S21 won't receive a text unless I set it in the window.  Most of the time I pick it up there is no signal (0 with a line through it).   Sometimes i try to place a call and it tells me my phone is not registered on a network.   Sometimes I can talk while sitting by a window and other times it just drops the call.  So I would say it works about 40% of the time.  I personally don't think this phone itself has an issue, but instead I feel like the S21's have a smaller antenna.  (My provider said they have heard of others with the issue, and some posts on the web have stated similar issues).  My phone is less than 30 days old, if Samsung would send an advance replacement, I could move my SIM over and I would know within 5 minutes if it is the same or better.   But the only thing they want to do is me to mail my phone to a repair center (which I will be without, and likely get it back completely wiped), or for me to buy another phone and then return my original afterwards.   The phone is less than 30 days old, do they not stand behind their products better than that?   Neither solution is an option for most people. 

SmsngIsPissngMeOff
First Poster
Options

Seriously @Samsung... that is a valid and excellent idea! Keep the last 3 backups as an option... even just 2 backups... I'm having the same issue. It backed up before I could restore and now all I have is a half-assed backup that doesn't help me. I know us two are not the only one's with this issue!

Buddylama
Student
Options

If true, that is thee stupidest thing I've heard in a long time!  WHY the Fek would Samsung delete all previous backups!!! I've just wasted hours screwing with Samsung cloud backup trying to recover a friend's deleted text messages only to have the backups containing the needed data destroyed by Samsung as I was making progress! This only reaffirms why I hate Samsung and will never again be a customer. To be clear, Samsung sucks *****.

0 Likes
Buddylama
Student
Options

I will never again buy Samsung.

0 Likes
Mr Andersen
First Poster
Options

Samsung Cloud backup is useless. I've had a similar experience with Xfinity Mobile support telling me to do a network reset (a power off/on would have been enough but that's for a different forum) and before I could complete a restore from Samsung Cloud, another backup happened and *poof* all my saved wifi and bluetooth connections were forever lost.  Years and years and dozens of connections all gone.  Terrible service.

0 Likes