Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't use mobile data when connected to wifi without internet connection

(Topic created on: 28-05-2021 05:33 PM)
Oscar Gonzalez
Apprentice
Options

i have a samsung s21 ultra dual sim model, but only use 1 sim, when connected to a wifi without internet connection, like a camera, or vacuum cleaner, the app installed in the phone does not switch to mobile data, even when the option is active in wifi configuration to switch to mobile data when wifi coneection is slow or inestable, in my old non samsung device it works fine, and in the iphone of my wife works fine, why in this brand new samsung device that option is not working?

i tried an option in network configuration where you add the app that use mobile data always but not working

11 REPLIES 11
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try WiFi Direct Settings, connections, WiFi,3dot menu, WiFi Direct.
0 Likes
Oscar Gonzalez
Apprentice
Options

when enter on wifi direct settings the device is not showed, i just connect to my camera as an access point, but is absurd that on my old huawei device i could connect to mobile network data connected to a wifi without internet access

i tried the option on developer option show as "Mobile data always active", but not working, even when the 4g icon is active when connected to wifi with no internet access, i thinks is a software related issue

S21 Ultra User
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, getting no internet even my laptop is connected to the hotspot. My wife's Samsung Note10 hotspot is working fine.

corzac
First Poster
Options
Same here, mobile data not working. Reset network settings, new sim.....should of kept my old p20 pro....£1200 on something that Samsung have to keep updating and still we have problems. I feel robbed Samsung...got the crappy watch 3 too 😡
Oscar Gonzalez
Apprentice
Options

i contacted samsung support, and they said that samsung does not do the things like other manufacturer, so they don't provide a solution, i cant use my video cam or configure my vacumm cleaner with my expensive S21 Ultra

Oscar Gonzalez
Apprentice
Options

i had two software updates since the post of this issue here in samsung community, and the problem is still present, samsung support agents are very dumb with their answers, i need to use my camera, and even my vacuum cleaner robot

Oscar Gonzalez
Apprentice
Options

nobody of samsung can answer about this issue, and i'm afraid that the issue will continue in android 12

ianxxx
Student
Options

Same problem. I like Samsung less and less. Time to look around for another brand.

(off topic: also the auto snap while scrolling the notifications of OneUI 3 is the most annoying thing I experienced on a device)

0 Likes
techiepie
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung S20 FE and have same issue. when I connect to my CAR hud wifi (without internet) my mobile data stops