Did you mean: 

Can't use eSim

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 09:11 AM)
JonnyP25
First Poster
Options

S21 Screenshot.jpg

Hello, 

I've just received an S21 as a brand new work phone, I have an eSim to go with it. All of the directions for adding an eSim say:

"Go to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager"

"Tap Add mobile plan"

But as you can see from the screenshot there is no option to "Add mobile plan", any idea where I'm going wrong??

Thanks!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Cliffg
Voyager
Options
I think that you normally get a QR code to scan.
JonnyP25
First Poster
Options

Hi thanks for your comment, I do have a QR code but when I scan it I only get the option to add this data package to a watch see pictures:

Screenshot_20220330-111941_Camera.jpgScreenshot_20220330-112006_Galaxy Wearable.jpg

0 Likes
AnnieBygrave
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with my Samsung M31 phone. I just bought a $25 eSIM but there is no option to 'Add Mobile Plan' under SIM Card Manager. Scanning the QR scan results in a link being shown, but when you choose 'Open link' it gives an error.  This is a highly recommended eSIM company with thousands of good reviews so I'm not thinking that I'm being scammed. I checked online to see if the Samsung M31 was eSIM compatible and the info came back as Yes. So how can anyone add an eSIM if there is no option to do it manually and the QR code does nothing? 

0 Likes
Andrej Podzimek
Student
Options

There is no eSIM support on Samsung Galaxy S21 (Ultra). The eSIM support never worked properly and was silently dropped in one of the recent software updates. Samsung probably thought nobody would notice. All those outdated howtos on the web that dream about eSIMs are referring to one of the previous Android releases that still had eSIM support built in (malfunctioning, but shown in the menus). If you want a phone that really supports eSIMs and is free of bloatware and localization problems, then do not get a Samsung. Learned this the hard way.

ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Andrej Podzimek 

Strange you should state that!

I have had the international, Exynos, S21 Ultra 5G model, G998B, since launch and it has always had the eSIM option, up to and including the latest CVGB, August, stock Samsung update... see screenshot.

eSIM CVGB_Call settings 1.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Andrej Podzimek
Student
Options

Yeah, it may well be the case that it’s model-dependent. It’s gone from SM-G9980 phones for sure. Fortunately, because this is my last Samsung phone ever (soon to become e-waste), I need not care any more. \o/

0 Likes
hasanmamun
First Poster
Options

I have had the international, Exynos, S21 Ultra 5G model, G998B,  eSIM option Add Mobile Plan not show,,,,,,plz help

0 Likes
Bhubiz
First Poster
Options

Hi I have the s21 ultra 5G exynos, G998B phone and I cannot find the esim options on my phone. Please help. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Bhubiz: Where did you purchase your Galaxy S21 Ultra from, and where are you currently based? As per the above, have you tried heading to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager > Add mobile plan? 

0 Likes