Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps from play store

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 09:54 PM)
Anand3366
Explorer
Options
Recently upgraded my s21 ultra to android 12 and things started to fall a part from day one. Ive managed to solve few but the one thing that really bugs me now is that i Couldn't install many of the apps from apps store . The screenshot which I've attached is just one example and I have the same issue for other apps as well. I tried uninstalling the updates
 from play store,tried clearing cache and the data, did a reboot of the phone but nothing worked .
 Is it just me who has this problem ?

Cover image

75 REPLIES 75
massodan
Apprentice
Options

My God this is the dumbest thing ever. I turned on McAfee device protection and it's so good at protecting it doesn't let you download apps. Soon as I turned it off I can download apps.

Go here for easy video because trying to find device security is a pain too

https://youtu.be/N_m2Lis1xxI

0 Likes
massodan
Apprentice
Options

My God this is the dumbest thing ever. I turned on McAfee device protection and it's so good at protecting it doesn't let you download apps. Soon as I turned it off I can download apps.

Go here for easy video because trying to find device security is a pain too

https://youtu.be/N_m2Lis1xxI

Hopefully this fixes it for you and others. 

0 Likes
Members_YF1HERP
First Poster
Options

I have SM G991B/DS  on android 12 and it is failing, tried a factory reset and it worked for a week then failed again.

0 Likes
MatheusCanela
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, I spoke to Samsung and it seems to be something related to the MDM installed on my phone. I have reseted the protection as mentioned above and it worked. Samsung said that they will release a policy update to fix.

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Mine shows device security instead of the video. Forced stop and followed the video but will some apps won't update.

I'm on 998/ds

Screenshot_20220119-070051_Google Play Store.jpg

0 Likes
akshay1192
First Poster
Options

This worked for me : 

Device care -> Three dots (top right) -> Automation -> Disable "Auto scan for malware"

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Finallyyyyy seems that did it!! 

lucasferrari
Student
Options

Great ! I disabled the "Auto scan for malware" and the issue was fixed.

Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Same here, I'm quite surprised Samsung hasn't voiced this, their reps on all tech support fronts keep asking to reset the phone. 

0 Likes
massodan
Apprentice
Options

Maybe because they can't support removing anyivirus. Especially if they have a deal with an anti virus company. 

0 Likes