Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps from play store

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 09:54 PM)
Anand3366
Explorer
Options
Recently upgraded my s21 ultra to android 12 and things started to fall a part from day one. Ive managed to solve few but the one thing that really bugs me now is that i Couldn't install many of the apps from apps store . The screenshot which I've attached is just one example and I have the same issue for other apps as well. I tried uninstalling the updates
 from play store,tried clearing cache and the data, did a reboot of the phone but nothing worked .
 Is it just me who has this problem ?

Cover image

75 REPLIES 75
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Thanks Anand.

Screenshot_20211227-234729_Google Play Store.jpg

Play Store/Settings/Play Store Update reports "Google Play Store is up to date" at version 28.3.16-21 (1st Sept 2021).
This is a UK phone, not locked to a network. I have a 2nd profile for work, currently disabled. I may try removing that 2nd profile.

If I don't get an OTA update to fix this in a week or so I'll consider reverting to Android 11.

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

The issue is not with your work-profile, removing this will not effect the OTA or solve your Google-Play issue,

The issue is with Samsung issuing an update to Android 12, and Android 12 Dec Security Patch, which can't connect correctly with Google ecosystem due to the updates messing something within the phone system.

When you fail to update apps are you getting the 503 error? (from Press send feedback > system logs > scroll down) if so your been effected by this issue and you have 3 choices as I see it. 

1. Is to wait for Samsung to issue another patch hopefully resolving the problem - As of now they have stopped the rollout of Android 12 ONE-UI4 so your just waiting.  

2. IF you wish you can rollback to Android 11 and stay there until 12 stabilizes- Backup your phone before doing so

3. Stay on android 12 using steps in my above post - Again this means you have to backup your phone and re-install it from scratch (No firmware burning involved here) 

On a final note, I've went trough this myself and knows how frustrating it can be.

Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Last update or so I say correction: rollout of OneUI 4 has been resumed last Friday and extended yesterday to other regions, so maybe you should wait a couple of more days for an OTA to drop into your device before proceeding - it is confirmed that Samsung fixed the PlayStore issue. 

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Thanks very much for the info. Waiting for the patch seems the most attractive option.

Yes I did see the 503 error. 

Thanks again...

0 Likes
sbr35760
Journeyman
Options

I have installed last available patch on my S21 (SM-G991B/DS)

Version G991BXXS3BULC / G991BOXM3BUKG / G991BBXXU3BUKG

Security patch level : 1rst of december

My issue is not solved => some applications cannot be updated with play store 😞

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Hi SBR - Thanks for the info. Still the same for me.

In About Phone/Software Info menu, 'Google Play system update' is 1st September. Anand has November 2021 his issue is fixed. Perhaps we're waiting for that to be updated too.

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Just to be clear, Samsung released 2 updates during December,

The 1st one is the December 1st Patch - which does not fix the Google-Play issue, Installing this update does upgrade the phone security but does not take care of the issues, it remain the same. 

the 2nd one which is just been released in the last few days, is the 2nd patch in December - Google-Play issue is fixed at this one (According to Users feedback) 

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Kaplaey2 

"Just to be clear, Samsung released 2 updates during December,"

Samsung actually issued 3 updates in December...

BUL1 - 7th December was for the December Security patch.

BUL6 - 17th December was an attempt with Google to fix Play Store but did not.

BULC - 24th December is a further attempt to fix the Google Play Store issue which users are claiming it has.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Your correct! but!

BUL6 - 17th December was halted!

some users got it, some not,

The ones who installed it had experienced zero improvements and issues not solved. 

BULC - 24th December is good one I was referring to . 

0 Likes
Paul671
Explorer
Options

Hmm, I'm confused. I received G991BXXS3BULC on 27/12/21, but my Google Play Store still reports 1st September 2021 (28.3.16-21). 

Are these two components updated separately?

I still have error 503.

Thanks...

0 Likes