Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Ambient Mode in Smart Things App

(Topic created on: 15-12-2021 07:16 AM)
Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE: This update is 2 days after original issue was posted. After talking to 3 bots, 2 virtual humans and one living breathing human, I was able to get to the bottom of this!

So....turns out that Verizon stopped supporting Samsung Cloud. As a result, the Ambient Mode feature of the Smartthings app is unavailable. I do not know if any other features of the app are no longer available. If you are having any issues with the app, first find out if your carrier even supports the Samsung Cloud.

I have a 65" QLED Samsung TV that I purchased last year.  Since May 2021, I've been using my S21 Ultra to access Ambient Mode via the Smart Things app. Now, in December 2021, I can't. Let me tell you what happens....the app itself opens just fine and I'm able to connect my TV to it. When I tap on Ambient Mode, I am sent back to the app's main screen. I've tried every troubleshooting recommendation except factory reset...because who REALLY wants to do that smh Any help would be awesome and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

18 REPLIES 18
Calle0702
First Poster
Options

Same issue here…..the service is poor!

0 Likes
vinsam
Explorer
Options
I keep being asked to provide details of the error with a log but there's no log!!!
0 Likes
Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

You need to find out if your service provider supports the Samsung Cloud. 

0 Likes
vinsam
Explorer
Options
It worked fine until a few months ago with same service provider....I have now got a new s21 and different network and still same issue
0 Likes
Members_mzhixyk
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? My S21 Ultra will not load the ambient mode either. The smart things app has connected fine and I can use my phone as a remote but when I click the ambient mode section to customise and add my own pictures, it tries to load the ambient mode page then kicks back to the home menu. 

0 Likes
Gozmar
First Poster
Options

Its the same in Germany with my S20+

My son gots an old S7, and Ambi Mode is working for him in the App. not for my S20+, not for my other sons S20, not my daughters S21. Ill ask my third son with his S9+ later.

0 Likes
stickyrice
First Poster
Options

I am in similar situation (May-2022) after purchasing this AU8000 smart TV from Samsung.  I have SmartThings app on my Sony android phone and am able to connect to the Ambient Mode of TV, including sending pics from my phone to "my album".  That is great so far.

BUT!   "Select photos" can only pick locally from my phone.  When I try "samsung cloud", it says "The Samsung Cloud Gallery sync service has ended.  Check the Samsung Cloud app".  And when I look for "samsung cloud" app from Google Play Store, it gives me "Mircosoft OneDrive" (no samsung cloud app".

So, I am still unable to select photos from a cloud (which I prefer)

VictoriaBa
First Poster
Options

Same here, but when I’m selecting a photo in Screen Mode or even Mono it says that my account is not signed in on the TV even though IT IS. Starts to be annoying. I see this issue is from 2019 and the company didn’t solve it, yet. 

0 Likes
Randynready
First Poster
Options

Omgoodness i am dealing with the same problem and its now Jan 2023 

have you found any type of resolve... or can anyone please help me?

0 Likes