Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Access Ambient Mode in Smart Things App

(Topic created on: 24-12-2021 01:17 AM)
Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE: This update is 2 days after original issue was posted. After talking to 3 bots, 2 virtual humans and one living breathing human, I was able to get to the bottom of this!

So....turns out that Verizon stopped supporting Samsung Cloud. As a result, the Ambient Mode feature of the Smartthings app is unavailable. I do not know if any other features of the app are no longer available. If you are having any issues with the app, first find out if your carrier even supports the Samsung Cloud.

I have a 65" QLED Samsung TV that I purchased last year.  Since May 2021, I've been using my S21 Ultra to access Ambient Mode via the Smart Things app. Now, in December 2021, I can't. Let me tell you what happens....the app itself opens just fine and I'm able to connect my TV to it. When I tap on Ambient Mode, I am sent back to the app's main screen. I've tried every troubleshooting recommendation except factory reset...because who REALLY wants to do that smh Any help would be awesome and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

What is Ambient Mode and how do I use it?

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-ambient-mode-and-how-do-i-use-it/
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Tap the Get Help at Samsung Members app to contact Samsung Support and to solve your issue. Seems like the latest update has a problem which doesn't allow to use SmartThings Ambient Mode.
0 Likes
Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

Thank you but I had already checked that information before posting my question. I'm still working with support to get to the bottom of this. I'll keep the community posted with final solution, if any is reached.

Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

I guess I'll just have to wait for an update. They don't have a clue what I'm talking about. They keep giving me contact info Smartthings support. And then THEY tell me to do the same troubleshooting that I've already done 3 times now.

vinsam
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue, trying to speak to Samsung for the last week with no resolution 

Bidnizz_B
Apprentice
Options

If you wireless provider is Verizon, there is no resolution. You won't be able to use the feature.

0 Likes
vinsam
Explorer
Options
I'm in UK
0 Likes
vinsam
Explorer
Options
Exactly same experience...appalling they can't get it fixed and pretend it's your phone the issue.....I've bought a second s21 and Exactly same issue with ambient mode
Members_3cyohFY
First Poster
Options

I am in the UK and bought a S21 ultra recently. It was controlling Ambient mode happily until I ran an system update this morning. Now I can’t access Ambient Mode, it just keeps kicking me out. Fortunately my iPad still does the business. Let’s hope Samsung hears this.