Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not use Earbuds with What's app on S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 20-10-2021 06:11 PM)
Tiamosta
Student
Options

Help Please!

I purhased an #S21 Ultra a couple of weeks ago having moved from another brand I was loyal to and loved. When I set up the phone for the first couple of days I was able to use Earbuds to make and answer  What's app calls and then all of a sudden this functionality has stopped

I have tried all the below with no success;

1. Force restart phone
  2. Uninstall and reinstall whats app
  3. Ensure it has microphone and camera access enabled
  4. Unpaired my watch from the phone to see if it would work if I only had my Mifo earbubs connected - but nope
  5. Tripple checked earbuds are connected for calls and media etc
  6. Tried different earbuds
  7. Scoured the internet and youtube - but nada

As I have a small business and run all my calls off of What's app. I am truly hoping that this is am issue that has a fix and i wont be disappointed with my new phone and Change to the Samsung Brand!

It has been a rocky start with Camera Freezing issues that i am still trying to resolve and now this 😞

Samsung please restore my faith!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Tiamosta
Student
Options

Thank you Steve, - I saw that thread and tried everything suggested, but no joy! Are you able to use earbuds for What's app?

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe its something to do with Bluetooth and if you have a watch as well.

I have a huawei watch and if I tried to use my jbl headphones I had to manually select them either from the notification panel or press the WhatsApp handsfree icon on off.

But I hardly use them much for talking .

Do make sure all apps both on Google play and Samsung store are updated.
0 Likes
Tiamosta
Student
Options

Thank you - but I tried that too and it didnt work for me...:(. I note Samsung are positively silent on this topic....which does not help to inspire any confidence already lost!

0 Likes