Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update apps after OneUI 4 update

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 02:40 PM)
Members_s80VSjS
First Poster
Options

As subject state, I cant update my apps OR install new ones after I received the OneUI 4.0/android 12 update. I've tried a factory reset, i tested to wipe the cache partition and the galaxy boost application. Nothing helps. Sometimes randomly an app updates it self and it works but I cant force them to update. This is only for apps installed from Google Play Store. Galaxy store apps are fine.

78 REPLIES 78
Steven19671
First Poster
Options

This worked for me as well on my S21+.

Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Mine worked and now it's started again

0 Likes
Members_uJFWfHa
First Poster
Options

Hi, same problem here with the update to Android 12.  After the factory reset, was a few days ok then 2 updates and with last one BUL1 with December patch still the same issue to update or install apps even after clearing cache on playstore, wipe partition and app booster. Nothing seem to fix. Please Samsung, really fix the issue. I don't want to have a factory reset every month!!!! Really sad with this.

0 Likes
Members_ZJ9O1Ay
Apprentice
Options

The fix worked for a few days and now the bug has come back again, I was trying to install a new app. Samsung you piece of *****, sort this. Having to do the manual fix every few days on a 1000gbp phone is not cool.

0 Likes
Bono1
First Poster
Options

Thanks.. this fixed the issue. But i can't hit update all. it still spins. i have to update each app individually in the Play Store.  Samsung really needs to fix this issue. A lot of people are experiencing this issue since Android 12 update.

0 Likes
SebSG
First Poster
Options

Thanks for sharing this seems to have worked, hopefully stays this way.

0 Likes
Loks
Explorer
Options

How do we get the attention from Samsung to fix this app updates issue? Though we have workaround for now but that's a shame we have to do this every 2 or 3 days instead Samsung fixing it properly.

0 Likes
SebSG
First Poster
Options

No idea, not even sure if the issue if with oneui 4 or android 12...

0 Likes
SF43
Apprentice
Options

This worked! Great!
After these instructions I could update all apps (over 50 updates were pending) and install new apps again.
So perhaps there was just a hickup in the Google Play store after upgrading to Android 12 / ONEUI 4.0?

0 Likes
Bono1
First Poster
Options

I think Google and Samsung have officially acknowledged the issues related to Google Play and updating of Apps. Hopefully it will be fixed soon and not rely on a workaround.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-halts-galaxy-s21-one-ui-4-0-update-google-play/ 

0 Likes