Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update apps after OneUI 4 update

(Topic created on: 02-02-2022 02:57 AM)
Members_s80VSjS
First Poster
Options

As subject state, I cant update my apps OR install new ones after I received the OneUI 4.0/android 12 update. I've tried a factory reset, i tested to wipe the cache partition and the galaxy boost application. Nothing helps. Sometimes randomly an app updates it self and it works but I cant force them to update. This is only for apps installed from Google Play Store. Galaxy store apps are fine.

78 REPLIES 78
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Which version did you have? I have 28.8.17-21 and after disblaing the malware scan everything worked. 

Members_KrKuI1P
Apprentice
Options

No, deleting the cache does not cause a loss of data.

0 Likes
Members_KrKuI1P
Apprentice
Options

I have the malware scan active.
App version on my phone is 28.8.17-21 [09] [PR] 420363821

Under software information Google Play system update that I installed version is from 1 December 2021

0 Likes
Android 12
Apprentice
Options

Wowowowo

That helps! 

Thank you so much unbelievable! 

I should buy you a beer

0 Likes
Members_KrKuI1P
Apprentice
Options

You're welcome! :winking-face: 

I hope for you and me that the problem is finally solved and does not occur again. :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Members_hsoOTC2
Apprentice
Options

I feel your pain and frustration. I had the same issues even now way in January, weeks after launch. Disabling the malware scan fixed the issue but it feels like a workaround. Perhaps the app builders need to add something to their code as the issue didn't occur with every app.

0 Likes
Harsh2echo2
Student
Options

Yes, Totally Agree. 

Samsung should take all these pains and issues into their next updates. Fixes should be done asap. 

Thanks once again for the interim solution. 

Cheers. 

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have just found an post on here and can verifiy it fixes it.

In settings, apps, playstore, Disable it

restart and enable

0 Likes
boon79
First Poster
Options

Tried the steps and it works perfectly. This had bothered me for a month. Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
Alex R
Student
Options

Thanks, it worked also on my S10 with Android 10, let's hope it will last! :smiling-face:

0 Likes