Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update apps after OneUI 4 update

(Topic created on: 10-12-2021 08:24 AM)
Members_s80VSjS
First Poster
Options

As subject state, I cant update my apps OR install new ones after I received the OneUI 4.0/android 12 update. I've tried a factory reset, i tested to wipe the cache partition and the galaxy boost application. Nothing helps. Sometimes randomly an app updates it self and it works but I cant force them to update. This is only for apps installed from Google Play Store. Galaxy store apps are fine.

78 REPLIES 78
Members_ZJ9O1Ay
Apprentice
Options

I am absolutely speechless. I have about 7 apps not updating, one of them is my banking app. After a week of trying all sorts of clearing cache etc, I bit the bullet and hard reset. It's taken me a week of adding passwords and banking apps back etc. Guess what, got 5 apps failing to update. This is the biggest pile of ***** I have seen from Samsung. As a owner of most galaxy handsets over the year, I can't deal with this ***** anymore. If its not fixed in a week or so, I'm done. Apple it is. Can't believe I've wasted so may hours trying to fix this, absolute disgusting. 

RoganRicheart
Apprentice
Options

I called Samsung and they told me to bring it to ubreakifixit. I spoke to the location near me and they will reflash and update the software again. If that fails I am going to apple. 

RoganRicheart
Apprentice
Options

Out of no where everything started working normally this evening. Maybe my phone heard I am switching to Apple if this isn't resolved?🙂

Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Good for you... I'm still waiting and 20 apps to go. 

fnatt3
Student
Options

I had this issue too. Could not solve it so tried a factory reset. This somewhat helped until the next update, then the issue was back.

What finally solved it for me was to do below:

1. Go to settings, apps. Find Google play store and disable it. Actually, I did wipe cache and data for the app before disabling.

2. Reboot phone

3. Re-enable Google play store. 

Apps updating and installing since.

Loks
Explorer
Options

Amazing, seems like this has done the trick for me as well. All apps are up to date now. I will see if the next update to the apps will start the problem again or not. I will update again in the next 2 or 3 days. If this resolves, Google and Samsung should set this their top troubleshooting step for sure.

Qler
First Poster
Options

I have same issue on my S21 Ultra... after Andorid 12 update more and more apps are unable to update... this is getting frustrating.. i have DUO mobile for security that is not up to date, bitwarden, and many other apps just sitting there unable to update....

Greg L
Apprentice
Options

Thank you so much. I can report that this works my phone. All my apps are now updated.

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Same. For me. The initial 12 apps I couldn't update just did. Let's see when other versions of the apps release fi it continues to work. I knew wiping wasn't an option. 

0 Likes
Loks
Explorer
Options

Apps update issue got resolved temporarily after trying the steps mentioned by @fnatt3. Again the issue is back and same steps worked again not sure how long we have to live with this workaround. Hope Samsung or Google fixes this problem. I even updated to the December security update as well earlier today.

0 Likes