Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update apps after OneUI 4 update

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 12:03 PM)
Members_s80VSjS
First Poster
Options

As subject state, I cant update my apps OR install new ones after I received the OneUI 4.0/android 12 update. I've tried a factory reset, i tested to wipe the cache partition and the galaxy boost application. Nothing helps. Sometimes randomly an app updates it self and it works but I cant force them to update. This is only for apps installed from Google Play Store. Galaxy store apps are fine.

78 REPLIES 78
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Others have tried but it still fails after the reset. 

SF43
Apprentice
Options

The factory reset worked as I was able to install app updates and new apps again.
Just that a single app still seems to have problems.
If you are going to do a factory reset, make sure you do a manual backup.

Andn
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem after upgrading. 

I have now received the ...3BUKG build, but there is still 6 apps, which I'm not able to update/install.

Is a factory reset really the only way out?

RoganR
First Poster
Options

Not happy this is going on, but glad to see it is not just my phone having this issue.

Rob7474
First Poster
Options

I mean Samsung, fix this now!!! 

0 Likes
Members_K1KNaPq
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

A temporary solution that I found for all those that really need an app or an app update is to install the app in your secure folder. I found that I can both install and update any app within the secure folder. Once it updates within the folder it will immediately update the app on the phone and not just in the secure folder. When installing a new app, once you have it installed in the secure folder all you will need to do is open up your regualr play store click install and it should install the app immediately.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thanks for the advice @Members_K1KNaPq  whilst still   may not be ideal hopefully will be useful for some Members. Not having the issue myself mind you.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
SF43
Apprentice
Options

Hi, factory reset didn't fully resolve the situation for me. I still have 1 app I can't install.
Samsung support claims I should contact the app developer, but the issue is not with the app itself, so this is just shifting the responsibility.
Other apps are now updating at least.

0 Likes
Loks
Explorer
Options

I'm having this issue since I've had the official version of Android 12 on my s21 ultra. I've tried all options including factory reset. Factory reset only solves it temporarily and the problem is back after couple of days. It is very annoying.

RoganRicheart
Apprentice
Options

My samsung s21 ultra is no longer a productivity tool. It is basically a brick as most of the apps I need are having issue or simple do not open. I am going to have to move all my files off of it then factory reset. If this doesn't resolve the issue it might be my first time being forced to move over to the iphone after being a samsung owner since the Galaxy Note 2. Sad - pay over  1000 for a phone and its not working because the One UI software was not thoroughly QA'd.

0 Likes