Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not update apps after OneUI 4 update

(Topic created on: 30-11-2021 01:22 PM)
Members_s80VSjS
First Poster
Options

As subject state, I cant update my apps OR install new ones after I received the OneUI 4.0/android 12 update. I've tried a factory reset, i tested to wipe the cache partition and the galaxy boost application. Nothing helps. Sometimes randomly an app updates it self and it works but I cant force them to update. This is only for apps installed from Google Play Store. Galaxy store apps are fine.

78 REPLIES 78
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
If you click on Google Play Store
Then click on your profile
Click on
manage apps and devices
Click on manage
Updates available
Click on check for updates
It will update apps
If any update is available
For app or apps
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_s80VSjS  Try updating the apps on the Play store and Galaxy store as  @Members_s80VSjS  has described.  However just to let you know that an update which is intended to fix bugs will be starting to roll out. See more here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/26-nov-21-bukg-latest-android-12-bugfix-update... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Bakhtiyar
Journeyman
Options

Same problem on my S21 ultra. 

0 Likes
glasgowguy
Journeyman
Options
Samsung s21 ultra is a pile of ***** after android update nothing working properly
0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Samething happening to me... SM G998B so I assume, the problem is now a major situation..

0 Likes
Bakhtiyar
Journeyman
Options

Apparently, update did not resolve problem. This is such a shame, Samsung. 

Planning to move back to iPhone within days. 

0 Likes
SF43
Apprentice
Options

Same here. I did a factory reset after chat with Google where the default fix didn't work, as I was unaware of the issue at Samsung side.
After the factory reset firmware was updated, and I can install & update some apps, but not install apps I had previously tried to install via the mobile Play Store.
Before the factory reset (using Android 12) I could only install new apps via the Web Play store.
It's a very annoying issue. The apps I tried downloading via mobile Play store show as Installed  in the web Play store, and clearing Download Manager on the phone has not fixed the issue.

Model SM-G991B/DS (S21)

I'm also not sure if I already got the latest patch, as I am in the EU.

One UI 4.0
Android 12
Google Play system update 1 September 2021
Baseband version G991BXXU3BUK8
Kernel 5.4.129-22936777-abG991BXXU3BUK8#2 Fri Nov 5 18:30:18 KST 2021
Build SP1A.210812.016.G991BXXU3BUK8
SE for Android status Enforcing SEPF_SM-G991B_11_0010 Fri Nov 5 18:45:40 2021
Knox version
    Knox 3.8
    Knox API level 35
    Knox ML 1.2
    DualAR 1.4.0
    HDM 2.0 - 17
Softwareprovider software version SAOMC_SM-G991B_OMX_NEE_12_0011 NEE/NEE,NEE/EUX/NEE
Security software version
    MDF v3.2 Release 1
    WLAN v1.0 Release 2
    VPN Client v 2.2 Release 1.0
    ASKS v4.5 Release 20211027
    ADP v 3.0 Release 20191001
    FIPS BoringSSL v1.6
    FIPS SKC v2.2
    FIPS SCrypto v2.6
    FIPS FMP v3.0
    SMR Nov-2021 Release 1
Android security patch level 1 November 2021

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

You don't, you're still on bk8 same one I have same issue I have. Samsung just told me to factory reset but I'm not going to based on what you told me. 

0 Likes
Bakhtiyar
Journeyman
Options

I did factory reset. Seems to be working. 

But this is utter shame that flagship phone, for which I paid quite a lot of money gives factory reset as a solution. *****... 

0 Likes