Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Frustrations.. Awesome or Missed Opportunities

(Topic created on: 20-06-2021 06:44 PM)
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So went again to my Local park and snapped away.

Couple of annoying things :

No tap to focus was frustrating (Am I missing something?)

So have to rely on samsung to auto focus and it madly switches cameras as well (depending on diatance)

Bokeh is meh and looks over sharpened.

For video the 3x is Awesome and focus a lot better compared to camera.

Really feel samsung needs to up their game with the software side of the camera.

Some samples. Mostly Straight from camera. 

12 REPLIES 12
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
Despite the hurdles you had to face GoanGeek your pictures turned out just brilliantly!. When I tap to focus with my main camera for pictures and video it seems to work well but I am not sure it is the autofocus taking over as it is lightning fast and very hard to fool?. The software side of things is certainly interesting isn't it?.. Over sharpening and a strange oil painting look on zooming in heavily (not in your photos though) but to be fair if it didn't go like an oil painting it would just be blurred and muddy and I am actually getting used to the processing side of things from Samsung now even the over sharpening but many people will not like it at all. Who knows though how future software updates will change things though?. Once again great pictures though GoanGeek. 👍👍
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Amazing shots still GoanGeek. 😊
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thank you guys, although I would really like to have a tap to focus instead of the the camera deciding.

Really want samsung to get the software side finnesed.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Tap to focus gives me the exposure ring ... Am I missing something?
0 Likes
StephK1
Options

If you have Tracking AF turned off (Camera app > Settings > Tracking auto-focus) then tapping to focus will also give you the exposure bar, so that you can manually change the exposure to fit the subject of the photo. 🙂

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah .Thanks. Yeah know about the exposure thing,.
I had reset my settings and forgot to turn the AF On 🙃
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have to say though. I Have loved the videos I took .
Need to work on them. 😀
0 Likes
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I always look forward to taking videos GoanGeek. To me they TRULY capture life and moments. 4K 60fps is my favourite resolution and frame rate. My S21 Ultra has brilliant stabilization and fantastic audio and all this coming together on that brilliant screen with my buds live in my ears to give the audio depth and direction gives a total immersive experience to me. Moments in time to be kept forever. 👍👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Brilliant, would love to see some of your videos 📹😀