Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Capture Issues

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 06:50 PM)
F55
Apprentice
Options
I have an issue with taking photos on the S21 Ultra. When I first bought the phone I noticed that when you turn motion pictures on, and then you take a photo, the final photo captured always slightly zooms into the photo so it's different to the preview. So if I compare the motion video to the final photo you can tell the final photo adds weight to a person's face by the way it slightly zooms in (I annoyingly have to then take a capture from the motion video which is never clear). Funny thing is, at one point out of nowhere this stopped happening and I was glad - because it was taking photos the way I previewed them.

After my phone got stolen I replaced it with another S21 Ultra and I saw that the issue was back. The final photo was always slightly zoomed in. I tried changing so many settings on the camera but I'm having no luck. My selfies make me look fat because of it lol. I still have my old S8 and that does not do that to the photos even with motion pictures turned on (the S8 only brightens the final photo). Am I being daft and missing some basic setting I can turn off on the S21? Clearly the camera processes the photo and tries to correct it somehow, except in my case it makes it look different and worse.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Any particular reason you want your photos with motion?
If not just turn it off.

Anyways tried to replicate your situation and mine don't zoom in.
0 Likes
F55
Apprentice
Options
Still happens without the motion pictures setting. I've compared.
0 Likes