Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera blurry ! S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 01-07-2022 05:40 AM)
pog123
First Poster
Options
Any tips on a better picture on the s21 ultra ? 
After zoom 30 its blurry 
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Zooming in will reduce the quality of the photo taken @pog123 

Also ensure the lenses on the back are clean.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The more you zoom, the more resolution reduces, especially at higher zoom levels.
What really reduces image quality is movement.
Even tiny movements no matter how steady your hands are will affect the image.
Try using a tripod. And also use a 3 second timer or remote Bluetooth shutter button.
Just touching the screen will move the phone and something like 3 second delay allows the phone to settle again before the photo is taken
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
This is physics after the x10 periscope zoom is maxed out it uses digital by cropping in and resizing the pixels.

Essentially it is like when you use zoom tool in photoshop on an area until the tiny pixels become larger blocks.

If you use a larger pixels and the same resolution then the results are typically better as, more light us captured on to the sensor.

However all is not lost, you can buy a field scope or telescope with tripod/adapter and use the range of that to enhance what you are viewing and photographing.

Whilst the pixel imaging won't be dramatically fixed, the focal range and use of glass optics will improve overall.

Especially if you like to photograph hard to reach places or small birds. Another thing that reduces detail is the F stop for the lens. It is stated at F4.9 which is an equivalent of well over F22 on a full frame camera. Or lesser when compared to a 1 inch sensor however at just under a 1/3 of that that would be something like 8 times smaller.

Anyway the point is, if Samsung decided to fit a motorised lens with more room to move then you could achieve cleaner shots.

But I know nothing as Manuel from fawlty towers would say.

0 Likes
geordiejay72
Journeyman
Options
Si senor fawlty
0 Likes
Aronovic
Pathfinder
Options
Nitwit!
0 Likes