Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Volume Too Quiet S21 ULTRA

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 11:43 AM)
ATovey
Explorer
Options

Anyone else having issues with the speaker/call volume being too quiet. Husband and myself have each just purchased a s21 Ultra and we can barely hear the person on the other end of a call.

We have been long time Samsung S buyers so we are confident in ensuring volume is up, but can only have conversations on speaker!!! 

84 REPLIES 84
David Judge
First Poster
Options

I'm having the very same problem. I just can't hear the people calling me. Very disappointed. 

Gio71
Journeyman
Options

Hi, same issue for me. I've got a S21 Ultra ( exynos) and I can't hear a thing.

ATovey
Explorer
Options

Sounds exactly like me. Fingers crossed sansung read these boards and hopeful it's a software issue they can release an update for 

Members_9aQZ5cW
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem, I spoke to ee and the guy said he didn't know 2 much about the s21 but he asked me to go into settings then sound quality and effects ...then adapt sound so I did all he asked put my phone on the highest setting and didn't make the slightest bit of difference and all he said was "thats the only thing I can think of to change the call volume"🤦‍♀️ I miss my s10 😞 so disappointed

tonidancer
First Poster
Options

Me too, I cant hear unless on speaker and even then it's not too great. VERY disappointed in my new phone! wish I had stayed with the S10 now. Volume controls are all up to full volume and no screen protector prohibiting sound. Samsung need to do a bug fix asap!

Christhesnowman
First Poster
Options
Same problem and looking for answers so this does seem to be a problem. What I have found is that I have to have it in a strange place on my left ear and that seems a lot better. I didn't have any issues with my S21+.
0 Likes
Sam_Aus
Student
Options

S21 is same, couldn't hear properly 🤨

Firmware needs to be updated for in-call volume

Tayyab
Student
Options
guys don't panic. There is a protective film all around the edges which is covering speakers on the top. just peel it off and you will be fine 🙂
Sam_Aus
Student
Options

Not covered with film LOL

Tayyab
Student
Options
well that resolved my speaker issue. thought somebody else might find it useful. contact samsung directly they should be able to advise