Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:18 AM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
Members_iFtHhuY
Student
Options

Has the fault return since? mine has the same issue

0 Likes
Lugg81
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I too am on THREE and experiencing the same problem.  I upgraded my Huawei to the Samsung S21 but kepy my sim card, but since changing phones, like you, people can't hear me but I can hear them.  I find this infuriating, especially when trying to answer a work call. I will be paying a visit to the THREE store this weekend after reading your thread. Thank you

0 Likes
grahaz60
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem with my S20 .... apparently people can't hear me or the conversation is broken up ..... Any ideas from Samsung would be of great help .

0 Likes
Call sound issues -
First Poster
Options

Had problems with sound on S21 with Messenger.Problem was solved by turning Bluetooth off.

0 Likes
Members_XhIlAhw
First Poster
Options

Hi nicci did you get this sorted as my other half's phone is also doing the same 

0 Likes
Can_you_hear_me
Student
Options

Hi we bought 2 s21 5gs in December. Both have this issue where people can't hear you.

I spent 90 minutes on hold to an airline only to get through finally and have them hang up on me as they couldn't hear me!!! 😠

Do Samsung not respond to the comments on here? 

0 Likes
Can_you_hear_me
Student
Options

Has anyone been to Samsung and asked why this is happening?

0 Likes
Alan Carter
First Poster
Options

Same problem, I think I fixed it as the phone works fine now.

Settings-Connections-Mobile Networks-Network Operators

Turn Off 'Select Automatically'

This allows you to scan available networks, I chose my WiFi provider BT.

As soon as I did this I could make calls which people could hear

0 Likes
Kiptanoowa
Student
Options

In the end for me I found the issue to be specifically caused by a bluetooth headset. There is no problem with the bluetooth headset but in my situation I had an iPad and my phone that were both set up for pairing and I would typically turn the headset off between video calls to save charge.

There never used to be a problem with my S9 but the S21 regularly has the problem. In the end I simply 'forgot' the headset on the device and problem has not occurred since.  That said, I'd also tried some of the other suggestions on this thread so can't be too scientific about it!

Samsung support were pretty unhelpful, suggesting I put the phone into safe mode etc.

0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I think I solved the problem in the same way (thanks for your suggestion): I disabled "Select Automatically" on Network Operators and it seems that the problem has gone. About the Samsung "solution" to put the phone in Safe mode, that would make the phone unusable, it's better to not comment it... I think that for my next phones I will look for other brands

0 Likes