Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:18 AM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
BeckyJ1
First Poster
Options

Mine is exactly the same. Just wish Samsung would investigate and fix

0 Likes
BillyBoo81
First Poster
Options
Hi, I am having similar issues too, what can I do?
0 Likes
Chris2460
Apprentice
Options

I did a factory reset on the phone but still had the same issue's. 

So proceeded to do this  On the main screen tap the green phone icon/  then the 3 dots top right / Settings / click on caller I'd and spam protection /     Make sure caller I'd and spam protection is turned off,   and also Turn off Block Spam and Calls . Reboot phone . I have not had a problem since,

So I am Wondering if the factory reset is part of  the key to fixing the problem, as I see many of you have tried the above  and still have this problem. 

It has been over 2 weeks since I did this and not had any problems.

0 Likes
queenys
First Poster
Options

This issue literally just started for me out of the blue,  and turning off wi-fi calling resolved it.   Thank you! 

0 Likes
JAW008
First Poster
Options

I bought mine 2 months ago and I have the same issue (others cannot hear me).

If this is not fixed by the time my contract is over, I will move on to another phone. I like the phone for the camera capability, etc but its primary use is for calls. I would also want to stick with android but am not sure who (besides Samsung) makes the best phone. Any suggestions would be welcome.

0 Likes
Gsv75
First Poster
Options

My wife has exactly same issue, when calling over normal phone app - there's no incoming or outgoing sound.

Temporary solution is to restart the phone and then it works, but it goes wrong after some time. Did this restart 3 times in the last 3 days.

For the first few months there was no issue though, so not sure where's it coming from, but certainly samsung should do more to support

0 Likes
kiyani
First Poster
Options
I have been having the same issue with s21 ultra since new . Samsung have tried to change settings and do various things over the phone to no avail. They asked me to send it in for repair under guarantee and have supposedly replaced various bits. The problem is still there. I am hoping to send it back ASAP after speaking to the. Tomorrow. This has to be a design fault either in soft or hardware. Really frustrating and shouldn't happen to a top of the range phone. Samsung must know about this and should recall these sets and refund people.
Khalid.
0 Likes
Choppercox
First Poster
Options

My girlfriend had same problem with her phone on 3 network 2 new phones later I put my virgin SIM in her phone and the problem was gone. So called 3 and had a new SIM sent out and now it works fine they said the SIM she was using was 5 years old so not up to date with 5g etc. So I would advise trying a different SIM before trying anything else.

0 Likes
Members_FUim4wK
Student
Options

I'm doing what you said to do as I'm sick of people not hearing me, but I can hear them..It doesn't happen if they ring me..Is it still working for you disabling this VoLTE calls sim 1..? 

0 Likes
Pipster
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem, I can hear Callers but they can't hear me. Very annoying for a new phone 

0 Likes