Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 02-05-2022 06:59 PM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

Update: the problem is still here, and my patience has been gone for a while. Would you share the list of the installed apps in order to check if we have in common some apps installed that could cause the problem? 

0 Likes
Members_3LjlacO
First Poster
Options

I've got the same problem I have even sent my phone back to Samsung and they have done the tests and can't find a problem with it it's driving me mad 

0 Likes
nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I don't think it's a device problem, it's more a software bug, maybe an application that "breaks" the phone service. I think it would be unuseful to send the device to Samsung, since they have no idea on how to solve this problem (I called them many and many times). One thing is sure: this will be my last Samsung, it's unacceptable that a device born to call does not allow you to call, even worse if we think that it's a top of the range. I've also sent them the registry of the device through Samsung Members app, and I'm still waiting. I think I will try to format the device and using it for a couple of days installing just the necessary apps, after that I will throw it out the window.

0 Likes
TerriR
Student
Options

I agree that it is time to abandon Samsung (just as they have done to all of us). Despite forums here and elsewhere online, they refuse to acknowledge it is their problem. 

nrg84
Pioneer
Options

I'm trying to disable VoLTE calls (using Samsung Band Selection app), but this is not a solution, since I'm disabling a feature that makes the call higher in quality and allows to use Internet while calling. Again, where is Samsung? They should solve the bug, not the users!

rubslopes
Student
Options

Has anyone found a solution for this? I bought the S21 5G a week ago and I have this exact same issue, even on the most recent One UI 4.1. When I call people there's no problem, but when they call me, most of the time they can't hear me. I can always hear them fine. Putting on speaker solves nothing. This only happens on "normal" calls, never on WhatsApp calls. The microphone diagnostics test says everything is fine.

One thing I noticed, though: you can avoid this problem by waiting a few seconds before answering the call. I let it vibrate twice before answering. This is clearly a software bug.

Having said that, I will try to change the phone for another one.

I tried several things to no avail:

- Restarting the phone.

- Turning on/off wifi call

- Turning on/off VOLTE

- Turning on/off spam call block

- Turning on/off 5G

- I even tried using the Google dialer app instead os Samsung's. Nothing.

Please fix this!!

0 Likes
gotproblems
First Poster
Options
When I'm on call on normal, people can't hear me but when it's on loud speaker people can hear me bit it's confusing why people can't hear me when it's not on loud speaker
0 Likes
Test Sunny
First Poster
Options

Yeap, I got the same issue on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ today. I looked at this Post. 

I did 2 things that helped solve the problem:- 

- Disabled Wifi Calling & also disabled Wifi 

- Disabled Google Voice Assistant ie., google --> Settings --> Voice --> Voice Match --> Disable Google Assistant 

Restarted Mobile and it worked 

0 Likes
Alicia625
First Poster
Options

Try removing and replacing the sim card. It helped me with this problem.

0 Likes
Alicia625
First Poster
Options

Nevermind... it only worked for a day 😣

0 Likes