Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 22-06-2021 08:02 PM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
Affy1
Apprentice
Options
Return as soon as you can, unfortunately I'm stuck with it now but my brother upgraded to the s21 and he had THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. He returned his. What network are you on? I'm with Three.
0 Likes
Ayoufloyd
Apprentice
Options

even after one month purchasing it? i got T-Mobile

0 Likes
Mt3691
Apprentice
Options

I have same problem what can we do against Samsung? It's not fair we pay for something not working as phone!

allgoodm
Student
Options

I called Verizon's tech support. They ran some "diagnostics" and came back saying they found no issues. Strange thing is, my issues went away after this was done. I think my issue was due to network issues since both my previous S7 and the new S21 exhibited the same issues. I just hope whatever caused this to be remedied doesn't change again!

0 Likes
Greeneyes68
First Poster
Options

I have had the same issue on my s21 plus. This happens all the time when my 90 year old mom calls from her landline. She doesn't have a cell so it worries me if I can't answer if she has an emergency.  I have spent hours on T-mobile help and had 2 sim cards with no fix other than changing the connection to 3g and it work sporadically. Why have a 5g top of the line phone if you cannot use it! I will try the Google call as some have suggested. Very frustrating! Ready to ditch Samsung all together and buy from someone who cares about their customers. 

2blsd
First Poster
Options

Very frustrated, during every phone call, in the middle of my conversations, I can't hear callers but they can hear me. Already restarted my phone, don't know what else to do

0 Likes
ErrADDict
Apprentice
Options

I've been experiencing the same issue with my previous OnePlus 7T and now my S21 Ultra. I'm thinking it's either them sim card, Verizon, or my Wifi at home?

0 Likes
pcisko
First Poster
Options

Happening to me as well. I had to S21 Ultra for about 4 months with no issues then this voice issue started happening about two weeks ago. I called T-Mobile and they said a lot of people have called them an complained recently about this but they also said its a Samsung issue. Also, said not happening on other Samsung phones using the 5G network (s20, etc). If I use Teams or Messenger to make call no issue so I don't think its a hardware problem, just a problem with how this phone works with voice data. Also T-Mobile said I can call 611 for warranty replacement and this has fixed some of the issues for folks but not all. Like a roll of the dice. Has anyone gotten a new S21 and had it fix this problem?

0 Likes
Mt3691
Apprentice
Options

I turn off lte data and don't have   Any issue now😊

0 Likes
Mr_JRod
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing the same issues and at first was blaming my friend for having an iPhone, but have been having the same issue with other people and I can be using my earbuds or even be in the car and still experience the issue. I do hope that Samsung comes out with some sort of software update to fix this issue. It's quite annoying to be dealing with this on a daily basis.

0 Likes