Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 16-06-2021 03:39 AM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
BoogiebabeY2K2
First Poster
Options

This worked for me - thank you!

0 Likes
allgoodm
Student
Options

This issue actually started for me with my old S7. Either making or receiving calls was problematic as the other person could not hear me at all or it was a very broken audio stream they heard. Since that phone was also showing other issues I finally broke down and spent the money for the S21, thinking it would solve the issue. It did NOT. 

I have tried numerous things to correct this and have, I think, narrowed the culprit down to being an app on the phone. What app I haven't isolated yet, but the problem seems to get better if I take the time in the mornings to go through all my apps and force them to stop and then reboot the phone. It always seems to come back by the next day though. Which leads me to think that it may be a system app that starts up on some system event. 

Since I ported all my configuration from the old S7 to the new S21, I think I ported the issue over as well. I am considering doing a full reset and starting over. I want to take it into the Verizon store first though, in hopes they may know what is happening. 

0 Likes
SK04022
First Poster
Options
Any news on an update or a fix?
0 Likes
Affy1
Apprentice
Options

Im having the exact same problem ever since i got the phone in Jan 2021. Sent it in to Samsung repairs TWICE and they still have not identified the problem. Really sick of this. Im on Three network by the way. 

0 Likes
alcengineer
First Poster
Options

If you're using the built in phone app, i found out the block spam call is the problem. Turning off the block spam callers seems to fix the issue but opens up to spam calls :(.

Note, you don't need to turn off caller id and spam protection, just the block spam and scam calls option.

0 Likes
Affy1
Apprentice
Options
I've just checked and it's always been off. So God knows what the problem is.
0 Likes
alcengineer
First Poster
Options

Hmm. I would recommend trying a different dialer. If the native samsung one is not playing nice, try "phone by google - caller ID & spam protection". Make sure to set it as your native dialer when you first launch the google dialer. Additionally do a reboot after you install the new app.

0 Likes
Ayoufloyd
Apprentice
Options

Hello there,

I just got Galaxy S21 5g a month ago, sometimes whenever someone calls me i cannot hear them but they can hear me.. when i use whatsapp or messanger the calls are going good and no issue with hearing other people calling me, the issue is happening only when I use the normal call. I don't know why this is happening, most likely the S21 5g has this issue.

0 Likes
Affy1
Apprentice
Options
It seems to be a common issue but Samsung refuse to acknowledge it. I've had the exact same problem every since my purchase in Jan 2021. Sent to Samsung twice and they said its fine. Absolutely ridiculous.
Ayoufloyd
Apprentice
Options

that's sucks, I'm thinking about return it ! but i don't know why in the bills that i got with the phone it says ''you may return item within 15 days"

0 Likes