Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 29-04-2021 02:58 PM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
Juan Daniel C
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here. It's really frustrating that a top line phone can't be used as a phone!! (the other end can't hear me on 90% cases)

saeed4444
First Poster
Options
I just got my s21 phone but can't hear people over the phone or line is dropped. Pls help
Mr_Wind
First Poster
Options

Same issue here...  really annoying.

cris75rabbit
First Poster
Options

I read somewhere else that if you "downgrade" the type of mobile network from 5G, it works (I've set 3G/2G for both my SIM cards, because when I had 4G selected I had the same problem). I tried it out (eliminating the automatic choice) and for now it works... waiting for a more permanent solution though!
Hope it helps!

0 Likes
MrsG1717
First Poster
Options
I'm having an issue when I first call someone they can hear me but I can't hear them. When I hang up then call back I can hear them perfectly. I have switched the phone off and on and it's still the same.
0 Likes
Mt3691
Apprentice
Options

Same issues here 

0 Likes
SonneyC
First Poster
Options
This issue is driving me nuts constatnt all of sudden....
Ben White
Apprentice
Options

Same issue... Waiting on fix, happy to beta test. my wife and I both have latest S21 phones and my wife tells me every day she wishes she had her s8 back.

SubaruDan
First Poster
Options
I have same problem. At least twice to 3 times a day when I ring out I can hear them but they can't hear me. So I ring back and it works. I know of others with same phone and same fault. Its completely unprofessional as I use my phone for work everyday.
0 Likes
Lsayling
Student
Options
I have found a fix for myself. Just went to settings, connection, mobile networks and then disabled VoLTE calls sim 1. Restarted and hey presto, I could start making calls again.