Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call sound issues - others can't hear me during calls

(Topic created on: 25-03-2021 11:18 AM)
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Hi there, 

Ever since I got my Samsung Galaxy S21 I have an issue where when either making or receiving calls I can hear the other person but they can't hear me. 

Initially I thought it might be a signal problem but it happens wherever I am, I have even turned on wifi calling to get around signal issues. 

If I call via whatsapp or facebook messenger then it is totally fine so its not a problem with the microphone. It happens whether i'm using the phone as normal or with earbuds. 

In addition sometimes when someone calls I press the button to answer the call and it says it has answered but the phone is still ringing so the call isn't actually connected. 

It feels like it is an issue with the phone and not my signal as with old phone (S10) it was fine in the same areas and no issue.

Any ideas on how to fix it? 

117 REPLIES 117
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
You're not alone.. unfortunately it's a growing concern with no fix as yet. See my post from a few weeks ago;

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/s21-poor-signal-strength/td-p/2951550
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try Google phone dialer instead and see if it still happens.

Also could check for any updates in samsung store for samsung phone.
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options
I had same issue with my wife's phone. now I am on Virgin and when I called her no problems. We got a family member on a different network and the issue occurred. we turned wifi and Bluetooth off and tried again and wife's mother said the phone was switched off. ok called virgin who updated the network and now working fine. It would seem there is an issues with wifi calling on the phone.
We asked wife's mother to call again and all is fine now. hopefully that update via network will correct the problem
0 Likes
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options
This issue is nothing to do with signal strength whatsoever.
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options
try turning off WiFi calling
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options
ok forget that, the same problem is still occurring so back to the network to see what else can be done
0 Likes
mpw2081
Journeyman
Options
just to confirm if we ring from same network there is no issues. If somebody from a different network calls they cannot hear us but we can hear them
Nicci86
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the comments so far. All updates are the latest versions and without wifi calling on then the other people couldn't hear me at all. With Wifi calling it is a little better. After checking some bits online I did a full factory reset of the phone and started again. Its not perfect but it is much better now with wifi calling on. I can actually have conversations now and very occasionally the sound drops out and the other person can't hear me. That's a vast improvement on them not being able to hear anything from the second the call started.

The issue is when I call others and when they call me. I don't actually know anyone else on Three network everyone I have tried speaking to has either been a different network or a landline. 

0 Likes
Magicstar
Student
Options
I'm having very similar issues, tried a new SIM, WiFi calling works perfectly well, but you can't use that when out and about, I've noticed that HD voice appears on the screen so it knows I have good signal, multiple reports to Samsung every time I have the issue and they ask stuff like do you have credit? Restart the phone, what's the good in restarting the phone when I'm trying to get calls coming in.. I don't know when someone is ringing and plan the restart first!!