Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bypass charging

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 07:57 PM)
Imhotep
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I saw a post mention that the "protect battery" feature which limits to 85% also includes bypass charging whereby after reaching 85%, the power adaptor only supplies power to the system without supplying the battery, usually a feature of gaming phones such as ROG series. (To reduce heat whilst playing games whilst on charge for example)

Is this correct? 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The 85% can be turned off in the battery settings
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Some Samsung phone's indeed have the protect battery feature which limits how full the battery is allowed to be charged @Imhotep 

The phone will be charged to 85% and then stop.

If the phone is left on charge after that is reached I believe the phone will then trickle charge to remain at 85%

Personally I wouldn't choose to use my phone while it's still on charge but that's just my personal choice.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
oviandre
First Poster
Options

Pause USB Power Delivery-samsung wants to trick as again....actualy this does not bypass the battery ...only keep the battery at the same level of charge...batttery charge and discharge on the same time ...you can use the : Device Info HW app to monitor the battery during the games in split screen ....very disapointed with samsung again..its a ghimmick meant too fool as...its not a proper battery bypass same as in laptops

0 Likes