Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYE SAMSUNG: Exynos Processor

(Topic created on: 26-01-2021 05:10 PM)
PHOENIX86
Explorer
Options

So a few months ago I left a thread hoping Samsung would see it,there were quite a few replies from other consumers agreeing with the point I was making.

This was in regards to Samsung using the UK as a test bench for their crappy Exynos processors while the rest of the world get the amazing snapdragon processors and charging us the same amount for them.
I have seen that Samsung are continuing with this trend in the soon to arrive S21 range so as promised I will now be leaving Samsung behind and purchasing one of the new OPPO flagships which are just insane on specs.
Such a shame Samsung don't listen to their customers, I have been with them for so long and even used to work for them and also represent them as a Samsung Elite but can no longer accept them charging the price they do when other less known companies are beating them not only on price, but also specs as well, let's see how many others will be joining me in saying farewell.
20 REPLIES 20
Rusty5010
Explorer
Options
I have looked at Oppo as my contract is soon up, eould you recommend them? I'm just unsure as I had not heard of them until December
0 Likes
PHOENIX86
Explorer
Options
OPPO have been around for a few years now and I have only heard good things, I had a look at their last flagship and it was insane, the screen could 120hz on quad HD res which the S20 couldn't do unless you dropped resolution, they have the latest snapdragon processors, camera is really good and the fast charging left me speechless, you plugged it in and would watch a disc spin round counting up the percentage each second, never seen something charge so fast on something with a battery so big, I have worked in the mobile industry for about 6 years and I have to say I was seriously impressed, alot of my colleagues were calling it a Samsung Killer and got to admit I tend to agree.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
also look into OnePlus if you're jumping ship.
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can I just correct you on your inaccurate statement...

"This was in regards to Samsung using the UK as a test bench for their crappy Exynos processors while the rest of the world get the amazing snapdragon processors"

The Exynos chipset is in fact on all the worldwide, global, models whilst the Snapdragon is the country minority variant and is available for the peculiarities of the U.S.A, China and South Korean  networks. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
PHOENIX86
Explorer
Options
can I just correct your inaccurate statement, on their S range in the UK and Europe the S Range have the Exynos chip, in the other markets such as USA and Asia markets the S range get the latest snapdragon models, if your talking about their A range then yes, they do get snapdragon processors but they are not the top chipset variants, this has been a long running issue in the UK and EU market and they have been doing this at least for as long as I have been in the industry which is going back to the Samsung S6, also let's not forget that I used to work for the company as an in store development executive AND been a Samsung elite in not one mobile network company but 2 of them, all 3 roles, especially the ISDE role required me to go to extensive training sessions and seminars to learn the complete ins and outs of the devices to be able to sell them to consumers and to also train up other staff on the USP's (Unique Selling Point) of the device.
The snapdragon processors are leagues ahead of the Exynos chip, if you were to put a UK variant on a reseller site to trade in your old device you would get half as much than what you would get if you traded in the snapdragon variant.
This has been a long running issue that has been raised many times by many consumers and die hard fans in the UK and Europe, this is easily researched on the forums but also on websites like tech radar or gsmarena, I suggest you have a look 😉
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

No... I rechecked your original post in this S21 forum above and I see no mention of any other  particular models apart from the S21...

"This was in regards to Samsung using the UK as a test bench for their crappy Exynos processors while the rest of the world get the amazing snapdragon processors and charging us the same amount for them.

I have seen that Samsung are continuing with this trend in the soon to arrive S21"

I know of no Samsung device that solely receives the Exynos chipset in the U.K. only, whilst the rest of the world receives the Snapdragon chipset. Which device is that?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
PHOENIX86
Explorer
Options
the S range of devices, plenty of news stories about it and really not difficult to find
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

The worldwide Galaxy S range are Exynos  chipset worldwide and Snapdragon for the usual country minority variants as mentioned in my earlier post. 

0 Likes
PHOENIX86
Explorer
Options
0 Likes