Did you mean: 

BUKG firmware WiFi issues

(Topic created on: 06-12-2021 09:36 AM)
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
Hope everyone is well,

Has anyone experienced any WiFi issues?
Mine keeps disconnecting or connected without internet.
It connects to the network and within a minute or two it drops and says no internet and goes to 5g.
All other devices at mine are connecting fine.

I've tried factory reset, tried resetting network, cleared cache, disabled switch to data in WiFi>advance, still no joy.

only started after BUKG update

Any ideas?

Update:
So I have changed the Mac address to phone Mac address instead of randomised Mac address so far working for about half an hour.

>Update 2:
 The above seems to have worked, connects to WiFi fine and no more "connected without internet" so far.
 Did some digging apparently it's becoming a common issue for a few s21 ultras.

>>Update 3:
The WiFi still drops but significantly less

>>Update 4:
My router has a 160hz band, which was causing the issue with my S21U, weirdly my wife's note 10+ had no issues with it not any other device at ours.

18 REPLIES 18
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi Yousuf hadn't noticed any issues and did a test with no problem. One thing worth trying is rebooting your router.
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
Tried that too, it just won't work

It's weird, have a note 10+ and a galaxy tab s5 few iPhones all working fine
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried running the diagnostics in the get help section?
Rororr
Apprentice
Options
Hi Yousuf, I believe if the 5g signal is stronger / faster, the phone automatically disconnects from WiFi. The same thing happens to me
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There is some WiFi bug floating around with Android 12 in general.

Personally haven't had any issues.

Even Pixel phones are having it.

Try disabling 5g and see if it helps.
0 Likes
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
Tried that too mate, it connects to the network for about 1 min and then the WiFi logo with exclamation mark comes up and goes back to 5g or 4g

0 Likes
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
My wifi signals stronger, it even connects with full bars then after a minute or so WiFi with exclamation mark comes up and connected without internet
0 Likes
Yousuf
Explorer
Options
Tried that it says normal and it shows all bands and connects to my home WiFi, but after a minute or 2 connected without internet.
0 Likes
Rororr
Apprentice
Options
Try checking what speed is available on that WiFi connection. On mine my speed available is 11Mbps with 3 bars but my 5g is 40Mbps. When I move closer to my WiFi I am on 700Mbps so it turns 5g off and goes to WiFi.
Maybe try going closer to your WiFi?
0 Likes