Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug & glitches on the S21+

(Topic created on: 20-08-2021 04:51 PM)
Greig
Journeyman
Options
I wish I had kept my S9+ as I'm finding my S21+ is a downgrade on it. Is anyone else getting lots of glitches like apps force closing for no reason or the screen freezing. I play pokemon go & when the screen is upside down it goes into screen saver mode but I'm finding mine is sometimes going into screen saver when it's the right way up making the game almost impossible to play. Tried recalibrating the gyroscope but nope it's still doing it. They must've made this phone on the cheap compared to previous models. The screen is terrible in the sun even when brightness is maxed as well
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

My son and one of my work colleagues use the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra and haven't experienced those particular issues @Greig 

I appreciate their using the Ultra version.

You could try a couple of generic troubleshooting tips  !

1. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

Also make sure everything on the phone is up to date software wise and via the apps in your Playstore and Galaxy Store.

There are some diagnostic tools in your Samsung Members App under GetHelp and Diagnostic you might like to have a look at.

Ultimately a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can take a look at your phone.

In regards to your brightness is adaptive brightness Off.

I've also read posts from other users who think the phone will control the brightness if conditions dictate to protect the screen. 

As you can see from my signature I'm not using your model of phone so can only clarify that on my phone I have adaptive brightness off and when I set my preferred brightness it stays that way.

Also I wouldn't think the plastic tpu factory fitted screen protector would affect anything. I personally use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Greig
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the reply. I clear my phones system cache files roughly once a month but I've only had the phone a couple months so this really shouldn't be an issue even if I didn't. My phones software is right up to date & my apps all are on auto update. Adaptive brightness is switched off as I never ever use that. I wish I had got the ultra as I think it would be a big step up from the plus compared to previous gen's (Galaxy note compared to the plus). Thanks for the help