Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser Videos do not play since March 22 update

(Topic created on: 27-04-2022 02:29 PM)
Astro_Ru55
Student
Options
Since the March 2022 software update, videos do not play on any internet browsers. For example i can go on to Google Chrome or Samsung Internet and click on a video, it will load up fine but the video itself does not actually play, I have tried rebooting the phone, deleting and re-installing apps and still nothing and it is seriously aggrevating. Please get this sorted I do not need even more temptation to switch to iPhone.
10 REPLIES 10
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Have you cleared ur crache on the Internet app ? Also please delete ur Internet history.
0 Likes
CYNIC98
Student
Options

I've got the exact same issue. Tried multiple browsers, tried clearing cache for the browsers themselves, tried deleting history and everything else on the browsers themselves, tried shutting down and clearing the cache from the phone itself. Nothing seems to work. Every once in a while it'll start working again for about 2 minutes and then once again ceases to work after that.

diego65
Journeyman
Options

I'm having the same problem with Google Chrome. I've tried everything, but the problem comes back in a few minutes.

0 Likes
Members_zhz02BN
First Poster
Options

Same 😞

0 Likes
trixta83
First Poster
Options
Same, have sent system/log files so many times but Samsung don't do anything. Doesn't work at all for me even after few minutes
0 Likes
Whatwhales
First Poster
Options

same. Looking to ditch phone amd get an Pixel 6

0 Likes
Astro_Ru55
Student
Options
Yeah ive just ordered an iphone 13 pro, this is ridiculous and such a minor thing that isnt sorted
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

To those of you still affected by this issue, please ensure that you have attempted the following steps.

- Make sure that you are on the latest software by heading to Settings > Software Update > Download and install

- Check for available updates for any browser apps that you've encountered the issue on via the Google Play Store

- Head to Settings > Apps > Chrome (as an example) > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache, then restart your device.

If the issue persists, then please send an Error Report with accompanying System Log Data via the Samsung Members app. To do this, please head to the Members app > Get Help > Error Report > Tap 'OK' to send System Log Data > Select the symptom, and include as much detail as possible. To ensure your logs accurately reflect the issue you're experiencing, we'd like you to submit your report within 5 minutes of encountering the problem. Our engineers will then investigate this and respond to you with a solution via the Members app. 

rihavladimir
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue on s21plus. Switching to Firefox helps, so maybe it is something related to WebView component or WebKit (I suppose majority of people has tried and faced the problem in browsers based on WebKit which Firefox does not use). Still pain , I don't want to use Firefox...

0 Likes