Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new s21 ultra was hacked

(Topic created on: 16-03-2021 04:47 AM)
riow
Journeyman
Options

My brand new s21 ultra was remotely controlled to restart it, shut it down, enable both WiFi and Bluetooth, and generate weird sounds all automatically. I neither insert any SIM card nor install/ configure anything. It told me that this device is so unsecured! I don't know how should I do with this outstanding device!

Is it because of UWB? How can I disable it?

37 REPLIES 37
riow
Journeyman
Options

I've tried checking app list from system setting with enabling system app, but there's no app name called 2904. I found this app was very suspicious which transmitted a lot during the period without connecting to any network. I didn't install any app too at that period.

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

I didn't refuse to return the phone, but just couldn't go to the maintenance centre for the time being. The guy from phone also needs me to go there at least twice.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Then that is what you need to do. You need to go to the maintenance centre and get your issue resolved because posting here will get you nowhere!

You were told to change all your passwords, to reset the device etc. That is about all anyone here can recommend other than to return it.

The longer you wait to get it serviced the less likely you will be to get a replacement if you purchased it from anyone but Samsung so make that trip a priority.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

I see your point. 

Thanks all for the help here.

0 Likes
MarcSant
First Poster
Options

Seriously? And nobody even tried to know how this is possible? C'mon. Let's we all see the Samsung reply about this, since I don't believe in you. UWB doesn't allow some level of interaction that you talking about, without your express permission. If the attacker connect physically to your device, ok, but wireslly? Stop right now to watch Mr Robot. 

0 Likes
KeRoc
First Poster
Options

Ultra 21 performed update. And is now acting stupid. Chrome acts as Samsung, vice versa. Playstore acts as Samsung "store". Received several emails about log-ons on to different devices. Logged them out; passwords change. No success. Bought phone 1.5 mths ago. Due to previous phone hacked. Don't want this phone anymore, can't afford a new one right now. Samsung/AT&T what shall "we" do?

0 Likes
UltraShauna
First Poster
Options
  • 1000003133.jpg

1000003132.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_093749_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_093857_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_093552_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_093518_Settings.jpg

I have the same issue in app data usage, an app called 2904 that can only be found in the data usage section of mobile connections in settings. It is NOT a system app. It is an app from OUTSIDE of my phone that I did not install. It is not seen anywhere else in the phone because it is not MEANT to be seen by the user, as it is likely the only indication of an unauthorized Spy App that was either unable or unlawful to be removed. I have concluded this based on observation, onset of the symptoms that typically manifest from having Spyware on your phone, coinciding with appearance of this app in my data usage list using large amounts of data for something that is being called a "recently uninstalled app" or a "troubleshooting package". Although I am, for the most part, convinced that this indicates an unauthorized spy app, I am responding in this thread in search of definite answers about what EXACTLY this is and HOW I can actually locate this app on my phone and obtain some kind of official evidence of its incidence, placement AND the path it took to get to my phone, as well as from where and what device (and from that I can hopefully know from who.) I have included screenshots of the last three cycles of my phones data usage. During this time I have experienced the following symptoms: frequent app crashes, becoming more frequent and affecting more apps, microphone activates at random times, internet connection becomes slower and more unresponsive as time passes since the most recent restart, eventually forcing me to restart again in order to load a page or send something through, phone gets hot frequently, and the big one, I have an unknown app appearing out of nowhere and immediately consuming a relatively large chunk of my data three months in a row. My activities on the phone match up with every other app using a appreciable amount of data, except the unknown 2904 app THAT ONLY APPEARS IN DATA USAGE.
0 Likes