Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Brand new s21 ultra was hacked

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 05:21 AM)
riow
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

My brand new s21 ultra was remotely controlled to restart it, shut it down, enable both WiFi and Bluetooth, and generate weird sounds all automatically. I neither insert any SIM card nor install/ configure anything. It told me that this device is so unsecured! I don't know how should I do with this outstanding device!

Is it because of UWB? How can I disable it?

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35
riow
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I've tried checking app list from system setting with enabling system app, but there's no app name called 2904. I found this app was very suspicious which transmitted a lot during the period without connecting to any network. I didn't install any app too at that period.

0 Likes
riow
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I didn't refuse to return the phone, but just couldn't go to the maintenance centre for the time being. The guy from phone also needs me to go there at least twice.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Then that is what you need to do. You need to go to the maintenance centre and get your issue resolved because posting here will get you nowhere!

You were told to change all your passwords, to reset the device etc. That is about all anyone here can recommend other than to return it.

The longer you wait to get it serviced the less likely you will be to get a replacement if you purchased it from anyone but Samsung so make that trip a priority.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung phone user.
Current Devices:

Samsung S21 Ultra 5G 256Gb > Model: SM-G998B/DS.
Samsung Galaxy Watch4 Classic > Model: SM-R890NZSAEUA.
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 > Model: SM-R177NZKAEUA.

Samsung One Ui 3.1.1 / Android 11.
0 Likes
riow
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I see your point. 

Thanks all for the help here.

0 Likes
MarcSant
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

Seriously? And nobody even tried to know how this is possible? C'mon. Let's we all see the Samsung reply about this, since I don't believe in you. UWB doesn't allow some level of interaction that you talking about, without your express permission. If the attacker connect physically to your device, ok, but wireslly? Stop right now to watch Mr Robot. 

0 Likes