Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new s21 ultra was hacked

(Topic created on: 18-03-2021 02:42 AM)
riow
Journeyman
Options

My brand new s21 ultra was remotely controlled to restart it, shut it down, enable both WiFi and Bluetooth, and generate weird sounds all automatically. I neither insert any SIM card nor install/ configure anything. It told me that this device is so unsecured! I don't know how should I do with this outstanding device!

Is it because of UWB? How can I disable it?

37 REPLIES 37
riow
Journeyman
Options

I bought it from local computer store.

I've followed your steps, but it doesn't boot into Download mode. The splash screen of booting which is Samsung Galaxy Powered by Knox keeps showing for about every 15 seconds. It seems looping. Once I released both volume down and power buttons, it boots normally into the Android system.

Is it a big issue happened?

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

Typo: Secured by Knox

rather Powered by Knox

0 Likes
grilo67
Navigator
Options

When you bought the phone, was the box sealed?

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

The sticker seemed a little loosen. It might have been opened, but I'm not sure. It's delivered to my house, and I paid via internet.

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

I've also just tried booting into Recovery Mode by following instructions from Internet. It failed to get into Recovery Mode, but normally boot into Lockscreen. Additionally, there are 3 lines of text messages appeared at the bottom half of the screen which are:

[PDP]

back-up : fail

setup-wizard [ FINISH ]

Excuse me, what is it?

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

I'm worrying about this too. Not just simply bring the device to Samsung, but also need to contact with the local Internet shopping centre about this terrifying discovery.

0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

If I stopped both UWB Application and UWB Test, will UWB hardware kept broadcasting itself in the be background? So hackers nearby can touch the device?

0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

you are going overparanoid with UWB, if someone is hacking you it is not on uwb at all XD

I don't get why you are not booting in donwload or recovery. Please do the following then:

Donwload the android debug packaging from google:

Once donwloaded if you are on windows put the folder platform-tools on your desktop.

Open the start menu and start tiping command, command prompt should pop up and run it as an administrator. From the command prompt type the following command: cd C:\Users\<yourname>\Desktop\platform-tools

Where yourname is your username, if you do not know what is yours go on your system disk (usually C), then users folders and look at the users inside, you should find yours.

Now take your phone (it has to be turned on) go into settings, info, build number and tap build number till it says dev options are enabled.

Plug the phone into your pc and from the developer options enable usb debug. Switch from the panel of the phone the control device from this phone to connected device (click it once), at that point it should ask you if you want to enable debug, if it does not type in the command prompt: adb devices

It will say not detected (plug and replug), unauthorised (plug and replug at this point it should ask whetether you want to debug), authorised (perfect).

Once attached and authorised type in the command prompt: adb reboot download

Now the device will boot into donwload mode and tell us the code of the know warranty void is it 0x0 or 0x1, if you could take a clear picture of the writings it would be better.

Archer
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

The phone hasn't been hacked.

If your phone had been hacked then others would have experienced this too. Hackers don't spend their days and nights hacking hardware/software just to turn lights on and off. They do it for financial reward!

Like I said, your phone is probably a return and most likely is still linked to the original buyers "lost phone" app where they are able to remote access it. Nobody here can help you, just return it!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
riow
Journeyman
Options

I've had read the YouTube for the way of rebooting to Recovery Mode or Download Mode which are all simple. Like I said, my phone is problematic. But I don't have a Windows platform hardware beside me. I'll try to get one to see the said numbers.

Besides, I've been attached by MITM too. You couldn't believe what I've had just experienced.

0 Likes