Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new S21 restating all the time

(Topic created on: 09-09-2021 10:25 PM)
axident
Apprentice
Options

so I got my brand new S21 today and I'm so pissed off with it already only had it since 11 am the bloody things just keeps restarting all the time. I have seen that this is a common problem but is it common on a brand new S21 it took me ages to set it all up it doesn't seem to happen as much while it is plugged in but it still has happened a couple of times...So disappointed I never had any trouble with my S8 for 4 years only the battery life this year. I will be ringing customer service tomorrow was just looking for so advice from people who have had the same problem. Should i just send it back and get a new one??? or is it fixable what I have seen of the phone is fantastic but when it just stops then restarts arrrrgh. thanks for any advice in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Have you disabled auto restart under device care in Settings? Try that and hopefully that will fix the issue 🙂.

P.S. I also upgraded from the S8 and had that for 4 years, before moving to the S21. Luckily, I haven't had any issues, as of yet 🤞.
0 Likes
axident
Apprentice
Options

Tried that still doing the same its going back and get replaced with a another brand new one lets hope the replacement one works...takes7 to 10 working days though which I'm not happy about..said they have to checked the returned new one before they do a like for like swap....

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@axident 

Unfortunately glitches like this can be for a few reasons.

Some people who have used Smartswitch to move their information from one phone to another have experienced similar issues.

Personally I use my Samsung Cloud Back Up, and then I individually download my apps from the Playstore.

I use Dropbox to get my photo's back as I don't like OneDrive.

Sometimes it's a rogue app that can cause issues like this too.

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Caches of apps can cause issues so these can be cleansed by going into Settings,  Apps, Choose the App, Tap on Storage and clear cache. Data can be cleared also if that information held by the app isn't particularly important to you.

Another good generic troubleshooting tip is to clear the phone's System Cache Files.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

I submit one shouldn't have to be going through all these tips on such a new phone but I find it better to try these before going through the route of having to return the phone, and have it refunded ,and then having to create a new order for the new phone to be delivered.

Ultimately if the phone's software is up to date then sadly the phone's software and or hardware can be at fault which is beyond rectification by self help tips.

It happens with all forms of tech sadly. 

If your within your 28 day cooling off period then on the Returns Note that originally came with the phone maybe tick the changed mind option , as this way you won't have to wait for the phone to be tested !

My advice if you do send the phone back is to……

• Take time and date stamped pictures of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition,  with one of the phone turned on.
  • Eject the sim tray and if you can see the white water indicator then take a picture of that too.
  • Take a picture of the phone and any other contents inside the box before sealing it up.
  • You may have to return any freebies or discounted items bought at the same time. I had to send back the free Samsung Buds Live and a discounted Samsung Leather case.
  • Take a picture of the Returns Note.
  • When the DPD Driver comes for the parcel then get some form of paperwork from him / her to show they have it. 
  • I was a little sneaky when my phone was picked up as I took a photo of the van and registration number as well.
  • Use scrap paper or bubble wrap to create a solid returns parcel. I also used heavy duty duck tape to seal the box , top and bottom and around the edges of the box to try and make sure the parcel stayed in one piece.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Thinker
Journeyman
Options

I am having same issue.

I have sent my phone 2 times saying they are unable to fix it so just waiting what will they do as my phone is under warranty.

Very poor problem solving efforts.. They put their customers in trouble like this.

Very negative experience and it is very very disappointing. 

I am without mobile from last 2 weeks.. 

Samsung is unbelievably slow and unprofessional with after sales service.

Will have to think twice before going for samsung devices again

axident
Apprentice
Options

hi everybody

just a quick update I got my phone S21 changed and the new one they sent has been fine so far and I'm really enjoying it so far.😃

0 Likes
nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
I'm having the same issue... already try to deal with Samsung customer service but they keep repeating themselves... if your phone is still new return it and buy something else...
0 Likes