Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry wide angle camera

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 11:37 AM)
Max0895
Student
Options
Does anyone else have a blurry wide angle camera on their S21 Ultra? When I first got the phone it was fine, but for the last few weeks the wide angle lens can't seem to focus / is constantly blurry (see this photo I took). The normal camera and all other modes are fine... the only issue is wide angle. 

There has since been a software update which hasn't solved the issue, and I've tried a number of fixes such as a phone restart, wiping the cache, cleaning the lens (obviously), etc. 

8 REPLIES 8
Solution
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Was gonna suggest wipe the lens which you have already done as it does get smudged easily .

Try turning scene optimiser on and off.

See if tap to focus works.

Also when in wipe cache you could try the below option of optimise apps.
You may have to updated apps again after that.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Also here under members app go to help section and then go to phone care > interactive checks and do the camera test.
0 Likes
Solution
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I had the same problem on 108MP picture mode on my S21 Ultra about two months ago Max0895 and I used a repeated tap to focus (as suggested by GoanGeek above) on my phones screen to force it to learn how to focus correctly. Keep the taps to focus in the middle of the screen and repeatedly take pictures using this. My phone soon got it's focusing sorted out doing this and I found when I went back to auto mode after this it was focussing correctly again for me. I hope this works for you but if it doesn't I am sure it will be sorted for you in a future update. I had to wait for three updates to fix an optical stabilization problem on my 10x lens when recording 4k 60fps video but I knew it would happen eventually and was delighted when it did. Good luck!. 👍👍
Max0895
Student
Options
Thanks both, I had obviously tried tapping to focus, but have just tried repeatedly tapping like a bit of a mad man and it's worked! You're right Babishko, it's like repeatedly tapping has woken it up and the phone has realised it needs to actually focus. Seems to be working consistently now. Thanks again!
Babishko
Hotshot
Options
I am genuinely so happy that my solution worked for you Max0895 and I hope you really enjoy using your camera now as much as I do mine. 👍👍
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Samsung should take note of these issues.

I believe moderators should sticky a Help page on the top with common errors and solutions.
Hassan1
First Poster
Options

Dear I have same issue in my s21 ultra wide angle camera blurry issue.pls suggest me how can I fix this issue.thanks pls help

0 Likes
GYHT
Apprentice
Options

I've found this problem in my older Samsung S20 Ultra and tested it extensively.  While not as bad as yours, the center of anything shot with the wide angle is noticeably softer in the middle.  

I believe it's a combination of both (a) the lens quality and (b) software.    I did clear the cache as mentioned here: https://youtu.be/b3qXObTNDdo

I also tried installing other Android camera apps.  There is a list here: 
https://www.tomsguide.com/round-up/best-android-camera-apps

I tried Pixtica, ProCam X Lite and Open Camera.

Open Camera produced better results - sharper than Samsung's own app.  The wide angle lens - no matter what, doesn't produce sharp pictures in the centre.  It doesn't help that the f-stop is fixed and is designed more for low light.    I'd try Procam X Lite and Open Camera if you want to see if it helps.  I will be using them more often and maybe try other apps.    I have also written to Samsung to complain about this issue but no response.    Good luck.

0 Likes