Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry selfies with S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 15-08-2022 03:14 PM)
Members_5K7DJmZ
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

How are your selfies with the S21 Ultra?

I noticed that my selfies with just myself on it are perfect, in focus and great colours.

But, when there are more people on it and especially when someone is standing behind me or to my left/right, it only focusses on me and the other persons are blurry. Seems like it has trouble focussing on subjects (people) that are not in the foreground. I compared a selfie of mine of a group with a friend who uses a Pixel phone and his selfie was sharp, mine was blurred (only me was in focus).

Is this a normal Samsung thing? do I need to turn on a certain setting for the selfie camera? like face recognition or something? It's very annoying that the selfies are so bad. I even started making selfies now with the normal camera, so I turn the phone and make a selfie with being able to see what I am taking a picture of. Just because with the normal camera the photos are verys sharp!

Any recommendations are apreciated, thank you!!

4 REPLIES 4
Sfra01
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue with my Samsung S20 FE. Did you get an answer to your question?
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Members_5K7DJmZ @Sfra01: When you have the front camera enabled, and more that one person is in the shot, tap the symbol at the bottom of the viewfinder that looks like 2 people standing next to one another. This will enable the wide angle selfie feature, and should improve the quality of the shot by focussing on each subject in the picture. 

0 Likes
Reza_Rafiee
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew,

I have the same issue with my S21 Ultra in both selfie and wide selfie. The background people are blue in the photos and make the selfies useless.

@semms like to be a software issue.

Any idea how to fix it?

0 Likes
Reza_Rafiee
First Poster
Options

I have same issue on my S21 ultra. Has rhianissue been fixed? Any suggestion to resolve it?

0 Likes