Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headphones/Spotify turning on by itself

(Topic created on: 28-07-2021 12:04 AM)
Hoodie417
First Poster
Options

I recently purchased an S21 along with Bluetooth earbuds.  If I am listening to something on any other platform, i.e. TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and pause those platforms, Spotify automatically starts playing.  It happens all the time, even if Spotify has been closed.  I have tried turning off autoplay in the Spotify app, but that hasn't worked.  I'm at my wit's end with this issue.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Settings >connections > Bluetooth and click the gear icon and turn off audio under the buds if it's on and see.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Failing that check for default apps under settings and see if Spotify is there by any chance.
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
If ur touching ur ear buds it can automatically play Spotify. Happened to me so I blocked the touch. That includes answers calls and hanging up calls.
Mattkonyn
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue when my phone connects to my Outback. Immediately plays Spotify even if I haven't opened the app in a few days.

0 Likes
daydotz
Apprentice
Options

Have the same issue it's incredibly annoying 

0 Likes
Z01
First Poster
Options

Fixed*

Was so annoying. On my phone changed app settings - spotify - battery to restrict background activity. If that doesn't work, like on my tablet, go into device care - battery - background usage limits or sleeping apps on phone. On the tablet open deep sleeping apps and add spotify to the list (plus sign at the top right). On the phone it should be just sleeping apps in battery - settings (3 dots) - sleeping apps and add spotify. Again,  app settings - spotify - battery - restrict background activity should be all that's needed on your phone. 

0 Likes