Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth disconnection issues with third party app and device

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 10:50 AM)
AnthonyS21
Apprentice
Options

Since updating my Samsung21+5G to Android 12 , I have a bluetooth disconnection issue with a medical device (insulin pump). I have adjusted relevant permissions and understand it may be the DIY app that is not compatible with Android 12 updates. I noticed when scrolling through my apps in settings that there are three dots for some apps that say 'Uninstall updates'. My question is... Are there specific apps that received bluetooth updates in Android 12 that may be causing my bluetooth connection issue with my insulin pump (eg Android Auto), and if so, will uninstalling any updates for relevant app solve my issue? Any general supply that may help would be appreciated. a bluetooth disconnection issue with a medical device (insulin pump). I have adjusted relevant permissions and understand it is likely the DIY app that is not compatible with Android 12 updates. I noticed when scrolling through my apps in settings that there are three dots for some apps that say 'Uninstall updates'. My question is... Are there specific apps that received bluetooth updates in Android 12 that may be causing my bluetooth connection issue with my insulin pump, and if so, will uninstalling any updates for relevant apps solve my issue? Any insights or general support that may help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It could well be a problem with the app which needs updating to run in Android 12. The only suggestion is to try changing your Bluetooth AVRCP to an earlier version. This is done through developer options. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...
AnthonyS21
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I will try and see how that goes (my disconnection has ranged anywhere from 1 to 8 hours, so I will wait). Would you suggest any particular AVRCP Version? I can't tell what I was running previously. I am on the default 1.5 but can change to 1.3, 1.4, or 1.6.

0 Likes
Gregk64
Navigator
Options
I'm not an expert by any means but recently had a problem with headphones disconnecting via Bluetooth, after reviewing comments on this site it was suggested that clearing the Bluetooth cache would solve the problem in settings, and it did. Might be worth a go as it could be a simple fix. Thanks.
AnthonyS21
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I did try this, and no luck.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I would try them all but probably start with 1.4 and then 1.6
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you tried forgetting it , restarting your phone and then adding it again?
Although it could be down to Android 12 incompatibility.
AnthonyS21
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. Yes I've tried that and no luck.

0 Likes