Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Bluetooth autoplay in car not working on S21 ultra

(Topic created on: 17-01-2022 02:07 PM)
DivideByZero
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Previously I had an S8+ and when I got in my car, almost all of the time it would connect to my phone and start playing Spotify. As long as the spotify app was running on my phone, if it was disabled / off then it probably wouldn't but fair enough. 99% of the time it worked.

With my new S21 Ultra I have paired it with the car and if the last thing I was doing on the phone was playing spotify, then it will likely auto play. However, that's super rare (basically means I have not touched my phone since the last time I drove the car). So probably 99% of the time it doesn't work (it pairs up fine, can make calls and will play spotify if I start it from the handset - but it just doesn't start playing spotify automatically).

I have the autoplay option on in Spotify, same options in there as I had on my old phone.

I am wondering if there is anything else I am missing.

Is there a clever way to tell the phone that when it pairs with my car, it just opens and plays spotify - as that's all I ever want to do when in the car, always.

For longer journeys I have and use Android Auto by USB, but I don't like even having to get my phone out of my pocket for short journeys and I never used to have to.

Must be something I can do right? If it worked OK on the S8+.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

Go to solution
11 REPLIES 11
DivideByZero
Journeyman
Options

Thanks both, bixby routine works a charm every time so far.

Setting it up was super easy too, once I went in to the correct screen. I had looked at SmartThings before posting this question, but was only presented with a load of unrelated bits... the very simple routine screen of if this happens do this is what I wanted and will likely come in super handy for other things.

Thanks again both, very happy. 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Great stuff! 👍
0 Likes