Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blink Camera notifications when the screen is off.

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 06:08 AM)
Chris9486
Journeyman
Options

Since I changed my phone from a Samsung s9 to a Samsung s21 ultra I'm not getting notifications when my Blink cameras are armed or when a recording has been made.

I've tried;

Removing the app from sleep modes
Removing the cache and app data
Removing the app and reinstalling x 2
Removing all battery saver options
Removing all do not disturb routines
Checked the apps notifications permissions and they are all set to on.

When I removed the app and reinstalled it, I got one notification when it armed at night. Then nothing since.

The cameras are on a routine of arming at 10.30pm and disarming at 6am. On my galaxy s9 I received notifications when this happened.

Please can you help.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Chris9486 

please check if lockscreen notification is switched on

Settings → Lockscreen → Notifications

😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Chris9486
Journeyman
Options
It is turned on.

Screenshot_20210512-070735_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Peter918
Explorer
Options
I have galaxy A52 5g with the same problem I have tried everything nothing works
LiibaanH
First Poster
Options
@Chris9486
For a system with one camera that has motion detection disabled, the system does not arm, and alerts are not sent.
So enable motion detection and see if that will solve your problem.
0 Likes
Chris9486
Journeyman
Options
I have a 3 camera system and motion detection is set to on. It is on a schedule that turns on at 10.30pm and off at 6am. The only thing I've changed is my phone, from an S9 to an S21 ultra. It worked fine on my S9.

I've had notifications when I've reinstalled it, for the first time it armed. But after that I didn't get any.
0 Likes
Chris9486
Journeyman
Options
That would tell me it is a problem with the app and not the phone since it's happening on two different models.
Chris9486
Journeyman
Options
I found a fix peter918. I did a full reset of my phone and as it restarted I told it not to restore settings. I also removed blink from the app restore list. Works perfect now. It must have been an issue from transferring devices.
Peter918
Explorer
Options
I thought that might be the case but have been putting of a hard reset thanks very much Chris
0 Likes