Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black screen of death

(Topic created on: 16-09-2022 09:33 PM)
bad service
First Poster
Options

I  don't know what happened to samsung, they used to have good customer services but now i have seen many people facing black screen of death for the models of s21 ,s21 plus and all what they say : you need a new screen, five days ago my phone was at the charger and suddenly same thing happened to me my s21 plus suddenly i got a black screen without any thing happening to the phone what was customer services reply, you need a new screen, i don't really understand what is samsung up to they are just ruin thier reputation, now im left with black screen phone and don't know what to do, can't even sell it as it won't get me enough money to buy new phone.

7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @bad service  Do you still have warranty(which is 2 years) You should be able to have it repaired in any case. One customer with warranty had it replaced. see here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/it-s-21-plus-black-screen/td-p/5876129 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
VeryDisappointed
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same thing happened to me last night. I asked if this was a known issue and they said NO, that this was the first time ever they had heard of it. (What a load of bs). Then told me to buy a new phone or take it to repair for $156.96 (that price may change depending on what they have to do). Defeated I made an appointment to get it looked at by a technician. This is very disappointing since they know it is a manufacturer's defect and just tell their customers to go and f themselves 

0 Likes
VeryDisappointed
First Poster
Options

The warranty is 1 year not 2. I have had my phone for 18 months and they said there was nothing they could do since the warranty was expired

0 Likes
VeryDisappointed
First Poster
Options

BTW, I kept trying this morning after letting the phone charge all night. What worked for me was plugging it to the laptop. The laptop made the sound of a new device being plugged, but it didn't show it. So I did a soft reset. Nothing happened, so I unplugged it and plug back in, did the reset again. The screen came back on after like 4 attempts with the laptop. You should try this! Good luck

0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
By law it's 2 years warranty.
Been told fibs...
0 Likes
VeryDisappointed
First Poster
Options

What law? My understanding is that each company makes up their own warranty policies. Samsung has theirs clearly stated in their website 

Screenshot_20220917-174919_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
UK law states all electrical items carry a 2 year warranty. Same as the EU...
0 Likes