Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black dot on screen

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 02:56 AM)
Kate_93
Apprentice
Options

Random black dot on screen not sure where this has come from, just switched phone on from being out of charge and appeared.

IMG-20211010-WA0007.jpg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
CarlH
Options

Hi @Kate_93. That's very circular indeed. Try a Soft Reset to see if it disappears. This doesn't delete anything from your phone, it fixes any minor issues that may be occurring. To do this, hold the 'Power' button and the 'Volume' Down button, both together for ten seconds and your phone will restart. If it's still there after that, place your phone in Safe Mode which will disable third party apps and if your phone is fine during this, it indicates an app is causing it and we recommend deleting apps one by one until you find the culprit. Hold the Power button until Power Off is shown on the screen. Long press on this and it will change to Safe Mode, so tap on that and your phone will restart. To exit Safe Mode, restart your phone as normal. 

Kate_93
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for getting back to me, I tried the soft reset, the safe mode and then the full factory reset and it still appears, I guessing it's going to be a fault with the hardware of the phone. Really bizarre 

AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
That is horrendous that surely must be a software issue far too round for a hardware issue but I could be wrong.
0 Likes
Kate_93
Apprentice
Options
It's really annoying! I've reset back to factory reset and it's still there, taking it in on Friday to get checked by the team, unless anything could be tried.
illEez
Voyager
Options
You might have the wrong setting in 'Developer Options' set?

If you haven't opened your developer options, go to:

Settings - About Phone - Software Information - tap on 'Build Number' 7 times or until a window appears telling you ' Developer Options enabled' ...then go back into Settings, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Developer Options' and scroll down until you see an option labelled: Simulate Display With Cutout...click on it and select 'Default', as I am assuming its preset to 'Punch Hole Cutout'?

...if that's not the problem then I'd definitely return the phone for a new one!
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Mine developed a screen fault sent it into them and a new one on the way
0 Likes
FRIELZ07
First Poster
Options

Any solution for the black ️ tyvm

Members_RryOBsp
Student
Options

I have the same pro blem with a small dot

Any solution?

IMG_20221017_131133.jpg

0 Likes
Jamese1206
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20221205_185029_Settings.png

 In the developer settings make sure the "simulate display with cutout" option is set to default.

There are 6 display options, each blacking out different parts of the screen with exception of the default. I have no idea why this is a thing nor why mine got turned on, but after googling a bit I found that it was an easy fix.