Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Bixby routine doesn't run overnight

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 09:23 AM)
imp3ga
Student
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I have a smart outlet that I'm using to turn off my phone charger when the phone gets to 90% battery level. I can turn the charger on and off fine using Bixby (ie "turn charger on/off"), and I can sit and watch the phone charge up to 90% and see that the charger does indeed turn off.

However overnight I always wake up to the phone at 100%, the charger still on, and the routine reporting "Couldn't perform this action: this routine couldn't control devices because SmartThings wasn't set up when the routine ran"

Why on earth is this happening?

Thanks

Edit: phone is a new s21 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
GoanGeek
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Maybe look at what timings are for sleep and wake up.

If your timing is 6 am and you wake up say 6.30 then the phone maybe charging from 6am o wards.
0 Likes
imp3ga
Student
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Not sure what you mean by this, I have the outlet turned on and charging the phone and it should turn itself off when the battery reaches 90%. Just seems like for some reason the routine doesn't run properly overnight so the charger doesn't get turned off
0 Likes
GAViN617
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I've been having this problem too, randomly. Can't pin it down to anything unfortunately. Hoping the answer will be found on this thread!
0 Likes
Myamigo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I had a similar problem. Solved by setting my routine to first unlock the phone before switching the charger off. I had to include a place=home trigger but others like wifi will work.

0 Likes
imp3ga
Student
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hey thanks for the reply! How did you get Bixby to unlock your phone? Can't see that as a function
0 Likes
Myamigo
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

It's in the lock screen section. Called "Keep your phone unlocked". Turns out that this isn't as reliable as I thought. I occasionally wake to the phone at 100% but at least not all the time.

0 Likes