Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routine doesn't run overnight

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 01:20 AM)
imp3ga
Student
Options
I have a smart outlet that I'm using to turn off my phone charger when the phone gets to 90% battery level. I can turn the charger on and off fine using Bixby (ie "turn charger on/off"), and I can sit and watch the phone charge up to 90% and see that the charger does indeed turn off.

However overnight I always wake up to the phone at 100%, the charger still on, and the routine reporting "Couldn't perform this action: this routine couldn't control devices because SmartThings wasn't set up when the routine ran"

Why on earth is this happening?

Thanks

Edit: phone is a new s21 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe look at what timings are for sleep and wake up.

If your timing is 6 am and you wake up say 6.30 then the phone maybe charging from 6am o wards.
0 Likes
imp3ga
Student
Options
Not sure what you mean by this, I have the outlet turned on and charging the phone and it should turn itself off when the battery reaches 90%. Just seems like for some reason the routine doesn't run properly overnight so the charger doesn't get turned off
0 Likes
GAViN617
First Poster
Options
I've been having this problem too, randomly. Can't pin it down to anything unfortunately. Hoping the answer will be found on this thread!
0 Likes
Myamigo
First Poster
Options

I had a similar problem. Solved by setting my routine to first unlock the phone before switching the charger off. I had to include a place=home trigger but others like wifi will work.

0 Likes
imp3ga
Student
Options
Hey thanks for the reply! How did you get Bixby to unlock your phone? Can't see that as a function
0 Likes
Myamigo
First Poster
Options

It's in the lock screen section. Called "Keep your phone unlocked". Turns out that this isn't as reliable as I thought. I occasionally wake to the phone at 100% but at least not all the time.

0 Likes
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

I have been having the same issue on a S21 Ultra using Android 12, it is such a pain.

On my S10+ powered by Android 10 improved by One UI 2.0,
Ben Ginders