Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby anyone?

(Topic created on: 18-02-2022 10:02 PM)
S786
Voyager
Options
Is anyone actually using bixby? Has it become any more usable than it used to be?
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Sean03
Pathfinder
Options
Bixby Routines yes, best ITTT app that exists today.

Bixby Voice no. I gave it another chance recently late last year on my smart monitor because it seemed like you could automate far more with Bixby than other voice assistants. But poor speech recognition still means its time wasted, not to mention the poor synthetic speech from the Bixby voice actors themselves which, while that doesn't really have an influence on functionality, still doesn’t hold a candle to the much more approachable voices at Alexa.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I haven't used Bixby for such a long time now.
Just never really got on with it
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Never used it. Google rocks my boat.
I have heard good things about bixby routines but don't feel the need for it.

Google works best for me.
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Same. I was actually thinking to give it another go.
0 Likes
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
I don't use it at all and wish I could remove it from my phone along with other things I don't use.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I periodically use Bixby  Voice and usually fine for me , howver know mixed view on it.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Ragety
Pioneer
Options
Hidden secrets. I discovered today goodlock routines and bixby routines and smart things.
The combination makes for a very powerful tool.
With goodlock routines, you can assign the side key to any app. Eg Google assistant or a Scene to activate lights etc.
Goodlock routines allow you to run a "touch macro" to open an app and simulate key presses.
Eg open youtube music, library, album. That can be activated with a keyless from a shortcut or when a scene trigger is met.

When I place my phone on the bedside wireless charger, it automatically puts it into do not disturb, activates the night clock, turns off the light, and heating.
Taken off the stand, activate daytime settings, etc.
Bixby voice isn't very good, but some of the commands are.
0 Likes
S786
Voyager
Options
Yes bixby routines and goodlock are amazing!
0 Likes