Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Best place to save a contact.

(Topic created on: 08-01-2022 01:10 PM)
Judesman
Navigator
Options

For some reason it is a long time since I saved a new contact on my phone. Where is the best place to save, to my phone S21 5G or to the SIM. I think someone told me years ago to save to phone.  Does that still apply. Any advice please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For me I save to the phone.
Contacts are backed up on my Samsung account so when I switch phones. My backed up contacts are then transferred to the new phone.
Also changing phone contracts, I don't have to mess around getting stuff off the SIM and putting it on the new one
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Many thanks. 

Judesman
Navigator
Options

If it is not too late, how do I make sure that my contacts are backed up to my Samsung account please?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Judesman: Head to the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > Manage Contacts > Sync Contacts > Toggle on your Samsung account, and hit 'Sync' at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Many thanks.  In Sync Contacts, Samsung does not appear so, if  I "Add Account"  and press "Samsung Account" I am told  Samsung Account already exists in account manager. Not sure what is happening here. Under Settings/ Accounts/ Back up data, Contacts is on and was recently backed up, no idea where though.

0 Likes
Judesman
Navigator
Options

Andrew L this is my mistake, I didn't realise that the blue circular app icon was the Samsung Account.  Toggled on and now synced.  Many thanks. Somewhat confusing is the Settings/Accounts and Backup/Samsung Cloud/Back up data. Not sure if this is the same as the backup in Contacts app.