Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being declined by Klarna- possible solution!!!

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 05:01 PM)
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I'VE HAD SOME SUCCESS AND WAS ACCEPTED 3RD TIME TRYING! 

It might not work for everyone but I've included a photo of step by step process which another member posted the other day. 

I was declined 2 times previously whilst trying to upgrade using my phone and Google Chrome, I've got a good credit score, never missed a payment and already have an agreement running with Klarna for the S20 i upgraded to last year and I'm only 10 months into my current agreement. I have read klarna are giving an excuse that you can only upgrade between the 12th and 16th month, that is not the case. Still have no idea why I was declined twice before but the steps I went through below worked for me and have also worked for other members too.

So I logged onto a PC as instructed and followed the steps as suggested, I used a different email to the one that is already associated with my current agreement and I MADE sure that the delivery address was the same as the billing address (not sure if it has anything to do with it but when I tried before I had a different delivery address than the billing address and got declined) 

I really hope this helps other members in being able to upgrade. I know it's a massive faff and far from ideal and I was almost going to give up but it's worth a shot right?

I really hope Samsung will cut ties with Klarna after this and it'll be a smoother process for next year!

Be really good to hear if it's worked for you too?

Good luck 🤞

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

20210122_154250.jpg

0 Likes
Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
When I log in, I can't select a different email address, how did you change it? Just don't log on?
0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hi. You log into your Samsung account with the email that is associated to it. Head to the upgrade lounge and start the upgrade process. When you come to input your personal details for delivery etc you'll have the option to change your email address there.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on. 🤞

Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for that! Unfortunately I have not that option!
0 Likes
Members_kbXk16U
Student
Options

I am getting declined even after following that method. I have been on the upgrade programme for 2 years and never missed a payment. Upgraded to s20 ultra from s10+ last year with no problems.

Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
I've been declined for the sixth time now even following the method. I don't think I gonna try again.